Sportscenter vs Fox Sports Live

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
As much as I wanted Fox Sports Live to be that show to take the place of Sportscenter it just isn't. The 2 guys hosting the show are awful. They make this show seem like I am watching a bad episode of Saturday Night Live news desk.

If they get rid of those two guys and put 2 in there that are more series I will come back to it.

As much as I wanted Fox Sports Live to be that show to take the place of Sportscenter it just isn't. The 2 guys hosting the show are awful. They make this show seem like I am watching a bad episode of Saturday Night Live news desk.

If they get rid of those two guys and put 2 in there that are more series I will come back to it.

Yeah I agree that their anchors are pretty bad mostly because of the awful jokes they keep making.

I do like that they show more actual highlights than sportscenter though. I think Clarissa Thomas and Erin Andrews do a decent job hosting their panels too.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yeah I agree that their anchors are pretty bad mostly because of the awful jokes they keep making.

I do like that they show more actual highlights than sportscenter though. I think Clarissa Thomas and Erin Andrews do a decent job hosting their panels too.

Yeah I like all of it but the anchors.

they are just trying too hard and its not working out and not even funny. I changed the channel after 2mins of viewing and that was even too long

Compare this to week 2 or 3 of Sportscenter when it started. Granted, they should be able to start off a bit further down the line to take some learning from what Sportcenter has done sucesssfully and unsucessfully but they wantt o be their own product too. Give it some time to find itself. I am sure it will only get better.

I saw Don Bell hosting. He used to be on ESPNews, and doesn't have much of a personality, unfortunately.

As for Charissa Thompson, looks definitely do pay when it comes to attractive, female talent:

The aggressive moves by Fox Sports -- as well as the recent staffing of the NBC Sports Network and CBS Sports Television -- have resulted in some on-air talent getting paid very handsomely. A longtime ESPN staffer who works in management estimated Fox Sports will pay Thompson about $900,000 for her first year, and that Fox Sports Live anchors would earn between $300,000-$600,000 per year, depending on the specific talent. "From what I've seen. Fox is paying ridiculous money," said an ESPN management source with knowledge of talent salaries.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130505/media-circus-fox-sports-1-charissa-thompson-ryan-clark/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)