ESPN3 and MaxMedia?

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
NCAA FCS Appalachian State is coming to town for a night game next saturday and I've been trying to figure out who is carrying the game. ESPN says they have it online @ ESPN3 and also available on GameDay PPV. The U of M site and the local newspaper says it's televised by MaxMadia which owns our FOX and ABC stations. Could it be available on both broadcasters? Who will announce the game I wonder? Will there be two satellite feeds? :confused:

NCAA FCS Appalachian State is coming to town for a night game next saturday and I've been trying to figure out who is carrying the game. ESPN says they have it online @ ESPN3 and also available on GameDay PPV. The U of M site and the local newspaper says it's televised by MaxMadia which owns our FOX and ABC stations. Could it be available on both broadcasters? Who will announce the game I wonder? Will there be two satellite feeds? :confused:

I don't think espn3 is on Sat, ,I think it's online stream.

The espn Gameday PPV is available on Sat.

The game is on Max Media in MT which is all the ABC stations, KULR (NBC) in Billings and KXGN (CBS) in Glendive
ESPN3 will just grab the feed and show it on ESPN3 and on game plan

so if you live in Montana...watch it on Max Media
everywhere else either ESPN3 or game plan

per gogriz site

Per the agreement, Max Media can distribute its rights to its ABC and FOX stations in Missoula, Kalispell, Butte, Bozeman, Great Falls, Helena and the Billings' NBC affiliate, in addition to stations in home viewing areas in close proximity to UM.

The eight Griz games Max Media will distribute are Montana vs. Appalachian State (Aug. 31), Montana at North Dakota (Sept. 14), Montana versus Oklahoma Panhandle State (Sept. 21), Montana at UC Davis (Oct. 12), UM versus Cal Poly (Oct. 19), the Griz at Sacramento State (Nov. 2), Montana at South Dakota (Nov. 9), and the Griz-Weber State contest (Nov. 16).

looking at zap2 it the game will be on the Fox affiliates in all Montana markets EXCEPT Great Falls and Glendive
Great Falls its on KULR (NBC).....Max Media owns it
Glendive its on KXGN-DT2 (NBC)...they use feed from KULR there

Sweet! Us cord cutters don't have access to ESPN Game Day, but MaxMedia and Root Sports I can FTA & OTA ;) So I shouldn't miss any Griz games this year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)