MASN HD-Come on already Dish!

plumerman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2008
It really is getting old watching the orioles and the nationals games in sd instead of hd. It looks horrible. The other night the orioles were in boston and the game was on espn, but of course it was blacked out because i have masn and had to watch in sd. Come on Dish, masn supplies the signal in hd, USE IT!!!!!!

It really is getting old watching the orioles and the nationals games in sd instead of hd. It looks horrible. The other night the orioles were in boston and the game was on espn, but of course it was blacked out because i have masn and had to watch in sd. Come on Dish, masn supplies the signal in hd, USE IT!!!!!!

Agreed, this needs to be addressed for sure. Both the Orioles and Nats are having good seasons and MASN shows every game so this is a lot of SD-only baseball.

My guess is that Angelos wants full-time channels, not part time. This shouldn't be a transponder space issue - the Eastern Arc (where all of MASN's viewers should be) has plenty of space, from what I understand. This is really getting frustrating. Even when the O's have been terrible (for way too many years), I still can't help but watch them.

My guess is that Angelos wants full-time channels, not part time. This shouldn't be a transponder space issue - the Eastern Arc (where all of MASN's viewers should be) has plenty of space, from what I understand. This is really getting frustrating. Even when the O's have been terrible (for way too many years), I still can't help but watch them.
The 61.5 satellite does indeed have TP space but does the TP that serves the Balt/DC spotbeam have space for two more HD channels?

The 61.5 satellite does indeed have TP space but does the TP that serves the Balt/DC spotbeam have space for two more HD channels?

Not sure, but if they have conus transponder space they can use that since the channels are offered in the multi-sports pack. I am guessing that Dish just doesn't want to have something available to Eastern Arc customers that isn't available to Western Arc customres. The way I see it, adding channels to the Eastern Arc only could motivate some customers to finally make the jump to mpeg4 receivers.

Definitely need to watch the Nationals, especially Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg in HD. Harper has hit a ton of doubles in his few games with the Nats. Hope to see some HRs soon.

Getting to watch MASN HD on Dish Network tonight ! The Ranger-Angel game is in a rain delay and they are showing the Orioles-Rays game on MLB Network ! Looks good ! :)

Getting to watch MASN HD on Dish Network tonight ! The Ranger-Angel game is in a rain delay and they are showing the Orioles-Rays game on MLB Network ! Looks good ! :)

Damn! I missed it...I was watching in crappy (and it is especially crappy now with the black frame on all sides - zoom makes it look even worse) SD on MASN. At least the O's won!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts