MASN on Dish?

Template Letter

I have been contacting Dish daily about MASN (don't forget about those of us in PA!) to no avail.

Anyone have a template made up to send to Dish regarding MASN? Would be nice to have something that hundreds (thousands?) of us could send in.

Every major cable and satellite provider in the Baltimore and D.C. area has added MASN ... except Dish.

Every major cable and satellite provider in New York City and the surrounding area has added YES Network ... except Dish.

Every major cable and satellite provider in the United States will have access to MLB Extra Innings ... except Dish.

It's time for Charlie to "step up" and solve these issues if he wants to remain a viable alternative for anyone except those looking for the el-cheapo $29.99 and below package. Pretty soon Dish Network is going to be the "Everything $1" of video services, and their ain't a heck of a lot of profit in that. :no

Every major cable and satellite provider in the Baltimore and D.C. area has added MASN ... except Dish.

Every major cable and satellite provider in New York City and the surrounding area has added YES Network ... except Dish.

Every major cable and satellite provider in the United States will have access to MLB Extra Innings ... except Dish.

It's time for Charlie to "step up" and solve these issues if he wants to remain a viable alternative for anyone except those looking for the el-cheapo $29.99 and below package. Pretty soon Dish Network is going to be the "Everything $1" of video services, and their ain't a heck of a lot of profit in that. :no

Dish doesn't carry MASN
Dish doesn't carry YES
Dish now doesn't carry baseball's extra innings
Dish doesn't carry distants.
But their net subs still went up over 300,000 last quarter, and over a million last year. Hmm. Sounds like they are doing okay without those channels! :rolleyes:

I have been contacting Dish daily about MASN (don't forget about those of us in PA!) to no avail.

Anyone have a template made up to send to Dish regarding MASN? Would be nice to have something that hundreds (thousands?) of us could send in.

I'm losing all hope for MASN.

And I also remember when Dish did not Carry FSN West 2 (now FSN PRIME TICKET)and many Dodgers Fans complained loud. perhaps if you lost accesses to the Dodgers or the Angels or some team that you like to watch you might feel as we do.

Nice try, but I don't have access to the Dodgers except by radio or on my computer. See, living in Colorado, I don't get the Dodgers on TV unless they are playing the Rockies or are on ESPN or Fox on saturday afternoon. If they are playing in Colorado I am at the game. If they are playing in LA, then maybe I will watch it. Do I complain about it, no. Why? Because it doesn't run my life. Sure I am a huge Dodger fan, but I have a whole lot more in my life going on that to run home and watch the game on tv.
So, no I don't have daily tv access to my favorite team and no I don't feel as you do! :rolleyes:

Well I dont have access to Dodger Stadium or any other stadium thanks to the Navy putting me in West Virginia but I still want to see them.

And when I was stationed in San Diego and Seattle oh boy did I put on the blue and root for them. Went to see the Dodger see the Cubs play at Wrigley and did not enjoy it there.

And yes at night after I have done my job and taken care of family affairs I do like to sit down and enjoy a Dodger or Angels game. I admitt it but no I dont stay up till 3:00 a.m. for a 12 inning game either

I don't watch every inning or even every night, but I do want the same value for my buck that the DISH subs in other markets get. They get to see their home teams on their RSN in a package for the same price I pay. My RSN assigned by DISH Network will be giving me college baseball until June, then who-knows-what all summer. I'm guessing a lot of coach's shows.

Additional thought: I wonder if the hangup is that Charlie wants to give us a choice of RSNs (and only pay MASN for those who drop CSNMA) and MASN, following the pattern set by most cable outlets who offer both RSNs as basics, believe they should be paid for every DISH sub in the region?

Last edited:
MASN on DISH is a lost cause. A few people can cher because it does not affect them personally and many of us can complain. But DISH is nt going to budge and since MASN has managed to get every other provider to accept the terms offered why should they budge. in fact if the other providers have a clause that entitles them to the best terms out there MASN might actually lose something by budging.

MASN on DISH is a lost cause.

I'm not quite there yet. MASN existed for two seasons before it got on anywhere other than Direct and Cox.

in fact if the other providers have a clause that entitles them to the best terms out there MASN might actually lose something by budging.

I'm guessing that is actually the case.

Anyway, I still have over a year left on my contract. If still no MASN by then, I'm gone.

Dish doesn't carry MASN
Dish doesn't carry YES
Dish now doesn't carry baseball's extra innings
Dish doesn't carry distants.
But their net subs still went up over 300,000 last quarter, and over a million last year. Hmm. Sounds like they are doing okay without those channels! :rolleyes:
Agreed, but Charlie has already admitted that he is getting "killed" in the northeast compared to DirecTV. Apparently he is now willing to write off Maryland, Virginia, and parts of West Virginia / Pennsylvania / North Carolina as well. Even for those who are not major sports fans, when choosing between cable / FIOS / DirecTV / Dish the lack of locals sports will eliminate Dish as a choice in theae areas.

And yes, I know, you don't care, and have a life, and all that. :rolleyes: . But if you had the choice to get TV from Companies A and B, both cost about the same, have similar programming, but Company A has the Dodgers and Company B doesn't, which one would you pick?

My mom's from Bluefield. I don't remember there being an ocean there. :D

Ain't it amazing what an influential congressional delegation can get you? I have a good friend in the Navy who served a tour in Indiana.

Agreed, but Charlie has already admitted that he is getting "killed" in the northeast compared to DirecTV. Apparently he is now willing to write off Maryland, Virginia, and parts of West Virginia / Pennsylvania / North Carolina as well. Even for those who are not major sports fans, when choosing between cable / FIOS / DirecTV / Dish the lack of locals sports will eliminate Dish as a choice in theae areas.

And yes, I know, you don't care, and have a life, and all that. :rolleyes: . But if you had the choice to get TV from Companies A and B, both cost about the same, have similar programming, but Company A has the Dodgers and Company B doesn't, which one would you pick?

Not to mention Charlie is always locked in a contract dispute with programming providers. Remember Viacom from a few years ago? Last year, it was Lifetime and this year it was CourTV. Sure they always come back in a month or so, but normally on a different tier than what they were on before the dispute. Why is that D* never has this problem?

Not to complicate the issue but the Os are on MASN 2. I am not sure what variant of the channel S* will carry---if it carries anything. Are D* subs getting both?

From what I understand, MASN2 is only broadcasting if the O's and the Nats are playing at the same time. Not sure, but MASN2 will carry Nats in the Baltimore area and the O's in the DC area. I do know that purpose of MASN2 is to resolve conflicts between the two regional team's schedule.

I don't watch every inning or even every night, but I do want the same value for my buck that the DISH subs in other markets get. They get to see their home teams on their RSN in a package for the same price I pay. My RSN assigned by DISH Network will be giving me college baseball until June, then who-knows-what all summer. I'm guessing a lot of coach's shows.

Additional thought: I wonder if the hangup is that Charlie wants to give us a choice of RSNs (and only pay MASN for those who drop CSNMA) and MASN, following the pattern set by most cable outlets who offer both RSNs as basics, believe they should be paid for every DISH sub in the region?

That would be like Charlie saying "fine i'll add YES, but those in NY have to drop MSG, FSNY, or SNY in order to get YES". As long as there are multipe RSN's in a given area each with their own programming contracts with the various local "home town teams", that aint going to happen.

That would be like Charlie saying "fine i'll add YES, but those in NY have to drop MSG, FSNY, or SNY in order to get YES". As long as there are multipe RSN's in a given area each with their own programming contracts with the various local "home town teams", that aint going to happen.

Actuaklyl there are areas that get multiple RSNs now. So what is the problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)