Massive Overscan on TV2 Output

jrapps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
I have had Dish for a few weeks now and ever since I had it installed I have noticed that the overscan on my 522 is much worse on the TV2 than on TV1. It almost looks as if the image is zoomed in. To give ou an idea of how bad this is, when watching NBC, I can only see the N in the translucent logo on the bottom of the screen. the BC is cut off the edge of the screen.

Is this something I can adjust, or do i need to call Dish and get a new box?

Jason

Don't know if this is your problem, but they do supply an attenuator if you're only driving one TV. Seems the drive level is higher on TV2 output to drive a cable throughout the house. My TV2 worked OK with or without it.

I am actually driving 2 TVs with the TV2 output, but I will look through the box and see if they have an attenuator in there. Thanks for the tip!

Jason

It wouldn't be "in there", it's a separate part that goes right on the external TV 2 RF out. It's small, an inline F connector part (male one end, female other) about 1.5" or so if I remember.

The attenuator would have nothing to do with overscan, it is just a resistor to lower the signal level on the line. Contact DISH for a replacement receiver. :)

Well I tried the attenuator but it did nothing. I am wondering now if it is my coax wire somehow. When I connect the TV2 output to a small TV I have in that room using a short 6-foot cable, it looks correct. But the cable going into the attic to the other bedroom causes this overscan problem. very strange.

Jason

attenuatot

jrapps said:
I have had Dish for a few weeks now and ever since I had it installed I have noticed that the overscan on my 522 is much worse on the TV2 than on TV1. It almost looks as if the image is zoomed in. To give ou an idea of how bad this is, when watching NBC, I can only see the N in the translucent logo on the bottom of the screen. the BC is cut off the edge of the screen.

Is this something I can adjust, or do i need to call Dish and get a new box?

Jason

Could you lpease tell me what's the function of an attenuator?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)