Mastec Duluth Ga. has voted in the union

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheetoe8

Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
usa
on April 30th 2009 @ 8:35 the Ibew has been voted in as the Duluth office in Atlanta. Ga as there Union.
:)

We'll see how long they last as a DTV subcontractor.
DTV can not and will not pay them higher than any other sub and we all know the "union" will start demanding higher wages to cover their dues.

Shouldn't this be in the installers forum?

Maybe..........but many DTV customers use the installer sites to get into & vent.

AND and discussion of who comes into your home to work on your system has some relevance to a customer forum.

How would you respond if some installer put a mechanics lien on your home because DTV failed to assure that the installer was paid for his work? What forum would you use?

Joe

Maybe..........but many DTV customers use the installer sites to get into & vent.

AND and discussion of who comes into your home to work on your system has some relevance to a customer forum.

How would you respond if some installer put a mechanics lien on your home because DTV failed to assure that the installer was paid for his work? What forum would you use?

Joe

I would assume that if the customer got a free installation, it would be DTV that would be held liable as a company seeing that they received the product from DTV. As for an upgrade, they usually have to pay DTV in advance, so I would assume that the same rules would apply. The immediate sub would be held liable for an employee not being paid, as they receive their payment from DTV. If DTV didn't pay the sub, then the sub would then probably take DTV to small claims. The only way I'd see an installer putting a lien on a customers home is if they privately contracted him to do the installation.

I would assume that if the customer got a free installation, it would be DTV that would be held liable as a company seeing that they received the product from DTV. As for an upgrade, they usually have to pay DTV in advance, so I would assume that the same rules would apply. The immediate sub would be held liable for an employee not being paid, as they receive their payment from DTV. If DTV didn't pay the sub, then the sub would then probably take DTV to small claims. The only way I'd see an installer putting a lien on a customers home is if they privately contracted him to do the installation.

Everything you say is correct.

But what has been happening is that DTV gets the equipment installed at a constant price. Their subcontractors can bid real low for the work because they plan to avoid paying the installers. DTV is not real active in making sure where the installation money goes. Installers use courts and unions to get paid. Sometimes the persons who benefited from the work can be brought into an action.

In the world of DTV installation things are not what they seem. DTV has been controlling their costs by contracting with questionable entities. In fairness, DTV has not always received the quality of installation they might want to provide.

As a DTV customer you could miss this aspect of the DTV service.

Installer relations is an ongoing topic. The union thing is new. More will be revealed.

Joe

Last edited:
As a DBS customer I would be very worried about this. If the entire installation network should go union you can say Bye Bye to all the freebies going on.

You can bet your life that installation/service costs will go up and those costs will be passed on to the consumer.

As a DBS customer I would be very worried about this. If the entire installation network should go union you can say Bye Bye to all the freebies going on.

You can bet your life that installation/service costs will go up and those costs will be passed on to the consumer.

That is the plan.

Someone has to pay for the FREE installations. At some point long before there is an installer at the door the exact expectation for the installation should be made clear to the customer.

Joe

When that happens it will revitalize cable tv.

When that happens it will revitalize cable tv.

Maybe CATV deserves another chance. I switched to DTV installs because the CATV contractors were as the DTV folks have become.

Cable has (generalization) been fixing their systems. They have more products to offer. DTV is not everything. DTV has climbed on the bodies of good people to get where they are.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)