Masters in HD??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
Last year Dish put the first two days of the masters on the hd event channel. Does anyone know if they will be doing that again?

I don't think they have the rights to do that. Your Local CBS on the digital channel only should be broadcasting the thurs fri games, So if you have CBS HD via dish you'll get it that way, otherwise you'll have to check to see if your local station does the retransmission

BFG said:
I don't think they have the rights to do that. Your Local CBS on the digital channel only should be broadcasting the thurs fri games, So if you have CBS HD via dish you'll get it that way, otherwise you'll have to check to see if your local station does the retransmission

IIRC, last year the Thursday and Friday programs were on the Special Events Channels. They were USA promotions.

More CBS HDTV golf...happy happy joy joy:

http://www.koin.com/koin/hdtvnews.shtml

CBS Sports has announced it will broadcast an unprecedented 13 PGA TOUR events, totaling 80 hours, beginning with the MCI HERITAGE from Hilton Head, S.C., on Saturday, April 17 and Sunday, April 18 (12:00-3:00 PM, Pacific Time, both days), in high definition television format. Once again, CBS Sports will broadcast the 2004 Masters® in HDTV on April 8-11.

Its all well and good that CBS is broadcasting the Masters in HD on Thursday and Friday but we as E subscribers will not be able to watch it. They are broadcasting on the USA network which is digital only. Maybe they still put it on a special events program. :confused:

Comcast cable here in the Boston area is going to show the Thursday and Friday programing from USA-HD on the InHD2 channel. What's up Dish I thought you were the leader in HDTV!!!!!!

Masters Channel 9466

:yes The Masters is on channel 9466, the HD special events channel, tomorrow at 4:00 EDT. Thankx Dish. :D
Wiggy

If we subscribe to the HD pack, we get the event for free automatically right?

Any special hoops we need to jump through to receive this?

G

Wiggy,

Where did you find out that Dish will be showing The Masters on the special events channel? I can't find it noted anywhere.

FAiello said:
Wiggy,

Where did you find out that Dish will be showing The Masters on the special events channel? I can't find it noted anywhere.

Use your remote to go to Guide. Go to channel 9466 and then to 12PM PDT or 9AM EDT on Thursday. It clearly says Golf is on.

Bobby said:
Use your remote to go to Guide. Go to channel 9466 and then to 12PM PDT or 9AM EDT on Thursday. It clearly says Golf is on.

I'm using the Model 6000 the program guide does not go beyond a few hours.

FAiello said:
I'm using the Model 6000 the program guide does not go beyond a few hours.

Sure it does, it goes for a day and a half. Just go to guide and hit the right button, BROWSE, and let it go to 12:00 on Thursday. You will get Retrieving Program Info and there it is.

Hint: Go to the dish 6000 program guide and get on the HDEvent channel. Enter the number of hours you wish to jump ahead. Enter 12 for example and then press the right arrow button. It will have to retrieve, but it should jump directly to 12 hours later in the guide.

Cyclone said:
Hint: Go to the dish 6000 program guide and get on the HDEvent channel. Enter the number of hours you wish to jump ahead. Enter 12 for example and then press the right arrow button. It will have to retrieve, but it should jump directly to 12 hours later in the guide.

Now that is one cool tip. BTW it works with the 811 as well, but it is almost instantaneous because of it's 2 day guide.

LMAO! :D Actually they do televise people driving, it's called Wild Police Chases

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts