Matt Millen Predicts Defensive Player of the Year!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Yes, as crazy as this sounds, Millen, who recently traded defensive tackle Shaun Rogers to the Browns for cornerback Leigh Bodden (who as of now isn't even starting in Detroit) and a third-round draft pick, said Shaun Rogers would be awesome in Cleveland.

His exact words....

"Mark my words: If Shaun Rogers is healthy, he'll be the NFL defensive player of the year."

Matt Millen Traded Shaun Rogers, Thinks He'll Be Defensive Player of the Year in Cleveland - NFL FanHouse

Paul, if Millen is so high on Rogers, why did he trade him? Better yet. how is this Millen still employed in Detroit?

Yes, as crazy as this sounds, Millen, who recently traded defensive tackle Shaun Rogers to the Browns for cornerback Leigh Bodden (who as of now isn't even starting in Detroit) and a third-round draft pick, said Shaun Rogers would be awesome in Cleveland.

His exact words....

"Mark my words: If Shaun Rogers is healthy, he'll be the NFL defensive player of the year."

Matt Millen Traded Shaun Rogers, Thinks He'll Be Defensive Player of the Year in Cleveland - NFL FanHouse

Paul, if Millen is so high on Rogers, why did he trade him? Better yet. how is this Millen still employed in Detroit?

If you haven't figured it out yet, let me spell it out for you -
MILLEN IS AN IDIOT!

I don't have any problem with him trading Rogers (you know my thoughts on that slug), but the slug we got in return isn't good enough to start for us. We had the worst defense in the NFL, last season, and this guy can't start for us?
As for why he is still employed here, I'll give you my theory: I believe MILLEN is a yes man like Russ Thomas was (Lions fans will remember that idiot). The reason we haven't had any true football people here is that they would want total control over the football personnel, something Ford would never do. I think he fancies himself as a GM. Millen will draft whoever Ford thinks is right. Joey Harrington and a couple of WR picks have Ford's handwriting all over them, as well as hiring Martz, whom Marinelli didn't want here in the first place. Last years draft mirrors Millen's first draft, which is to say Ford left him alone.
I'm not absolving Millen here, (he's still made many bad decisions), but he is not entirely responsible for the mess this franchise is. After all this has been going on for a half of a century. Ford is the heart of the problem. He's the one where it all starts at.
That being said, MILLEN is still an idiot, but he's Ford's idiot. He may be just a patsy.

END THE MILLEN ERROR (era) NOW!!!

If I ran the Lions, I could have done a better job.

Well the city of detroit is pretty messed up as well. They deserve each other.
On a positive note, former Mayor Kilpatrick should be available in a couple years. He seems like a perfect coaching selection by William Clay Ford and family.:rolleyes:

Mr. Ilitch: please buy the Lions and end our 40+ years of suffering!

If you haven't figured it out yet, let me spell it out for you -
MILLEN IS AN IDIOT!

I don't have any problem with him trading Rogers (you know my thoughts on that slug), but the slug we got in return isn't good enough to start for us. We had the worst defense in the NFL, last season, and this guy can't start for us?
As for why he is still employed here, I'll give you my theory: I believe MILLEN is a yes man like Russ Thomas was (Lions fans will remember that idiot). The reason we haven't had any true football people here is that they would want total control over the football personnel, something Ford would never do. I think he fancies himself as a GM. Millen will draft whoever Ford thinks is right. Joey Harrington and a couple of WR picks have Ford's handwriting all over them, as well as hiring Martz, whom Marinelli didn't want here in the first place. Last years draft mirrors Millen's first draft, which is to say Ford left him alone.
I'm not absolving Millen here, (he's still made many bad decisions), but he is not entirely responsible for the mess this franchise is. After all this has been going on for a half of a century. Ford is the heart of the problem. He's the one where it all starts at.
That being said, MILLEN is still an idiot, but he's Ford's idiot. He may be just a patsy.

END THE MILLEN ERROR (era) NOW!!!

I'm actually surprised that Bodden hasn't cracked your starting lineup. I realize he's no spring chicken anymore, but he was a solid corner for us for years. As a matter of fact, we could use his services bad right now. We have two sophomores starting in our secondary this year. If you guys don't want him, we would love to have him back. ;)

I think there will be many deep passes that we will give up this year due to paper thin depth and lack of experience at the corner position. I guess the Browns plan on defense is to stop the run, put pressure on the QB and not allow time for a deep pass. I guess we'll see how that goes.

MILLEN was correct in the statement he made.

IF Rogers could STAY injury FREE and MOTIVATED he could have been the Defensive player of the year already, but as history shows, he eats himself out of any kind of shape, not that he's ever been IN shape.
He normally gains weight by the middle of the season and needs to be taken OFF the field in crucial situations because he's out of shape.

He will start off and you'll love him in the first half of the year, but see how much he plays in the second half.

Jimbo

MILLEN was correct in the statement he made.

IF Rogers could STAY injury FREE and MOTIVATED he could have been the Defensive player of the year already, but as history shows, he eats himself out of any kind of shape, not that he's ever been IN shape.
He normally gains weight by the middle of the season and needs to be taken OFF the field in crucial situations because he's out of shape.

He will start off and you'll love him in the first half of the year, but see how much he plays in the second half.

Jimbo

Jimbo, HD will see what we know in about 8 games. That coincided last season with the Lions slide. Matt, you've been told.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)