Matt Smith, the new 11th Doctor

11thdoctor.jpg

It is annoying to have to wait for so long for the next set of episodes, but at least the BBC seems to stick with a show for many years.

Many years indeed.

Trivia: the first episode was aired five minutes late because of coverage of the JFK assassination the day before.

And the fact that the season are only 10 episodes long....very anoying

Paradox,

Actually a Season can be 10 episodes, but the New Doctor Who seasons have been 13 episodes long, also each year there has been a Christmas special. This makes each Doctor Who Year of 14 episodes.

I've been a Doctor Who fan since I was a little Kid. I was born in England, in '62.

I've even been to the Doctor Who "Museum" in Blackpool, at or near Blackpool Tower.

BBC and the writers really need to bring back "The Master".

I refuse to wait for Scifi or syfy (whatever) to re-air the episodes. I always manage to get them via Bitorrent without being edited down or re-aired with commercials.

John

BBC and the writers really need to bring back "The Master".
He is coming back. John Simm will be back as the Master in the 2-part Specials around Christmas & New Years, in David Tennants finale.

Also, Wilf will be back as the temporary companion in those specials.

Last edited:
Paradox .. do you really get Commercials in a doctor who episode in the U.S.? Thats dreadfull.

Oh no doubt about that. Sci-Fi logo in the right corner, many commercial breaks, popup advertising upcoming shows on bottom 30% of the screen after every break.

I refuse to wait for Scifi or syfy (whatever) to re-air the episodes. I always manage to get them via Bitorrent without being edited down or re-aired with commercials.
John
I don't have Sci-Fi or BBC America.
I have been getting the episodes thru Bitorrent also , then I transfer to a flash drive and watch it thru my AZbox Elite HD Satellite and Multimedia receiver.

I don't have Sci-Fi or BBC America.
I have been getting the episodes thru Bitorrent also , then I transfer to a flash drive and watch it thru my AZbox Elite HD Satellite and Multimedia receiver.

I think I've used my azbox more for multimedia than satellite myself. Love this little box.

I don't even take the time to copy to a flash drive, I just have the azbox stream directly off my PC, works great.

Here's a preview trailer for the upcoming season showing Matt Smith as The Doctor.

[YOUTUBE]299Q6HF7NlA[/YOUTUBE]

Watched the trailer. Looks like we're gonna have a bit of action in the next series. River Song showing up is expected, but I wonder how they'll explain exactly how she knows what Tennant's Doctor looks like if she hasn't met him until his 11th incarnation. Only thing that bugs me is what seems to be his new catchphrase "jeronimo". That's gonna get old fast if he uses it a lot.

Only thing that bothers me about his new wardrobe are the rolled up cuffs on his pants. Is the Tardis prone to flooding?

If I had to judge this new doctor by looks alone, I say it will be a big step backwards to NERD LAND. What a bad dresser. Couldn't they find someone else in England to play this character?

If I had to judge this new doctor by looks alone, I say it will be a big step backwards to NERD LAND. What a bad dresser. Couldn't they find someone else in England to play this character?

Well, after 47 years, I think they've gone through all the male Brit actors that are still alive, not ancient, and that haven't done a previous stint on Doctor Who!

hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)