MavTV moves to 214 starting 8/21, Fox Sports 1 to 219

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ETS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Port Ewen, NY
I saw this article earlier today that said MavTV would be moving to channel 214 starting 8/21 from where it sits currently on 219 http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/mavtv-changing-to-channel-214-on-directv/

Now I read on Fox Sports 1's website that Fox Sports 1 will be on channel 219 starting 8/17. Go to Fox Sport's website and on the right side enter in your zip code and enter DirecTV as your Provider. http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1

I now wonder where Fox Sports 2 will be located? Will it be on 618(Fuel's number) or will it move to the 200s?

Hmm, what will MLB use for the alternate channel then?

214 was perfect for what it was -

MLBa in the summer, and next to MLB(main)
NHLa in the winter, and still next to NHL (main).

MAVTV needs to go in the 600s where Fuel or Speed is. FS1 should be 221, FS2 should be 222. (NBCa can go to 219.)

And why is Playboy in the middle of the premiums now, and not in the Adult section where it belongs?

Playboy is moving to the block created by the recent HD Extras shuffle. Another poster posted a screenshot of it in the Galavision HD thread on here.

What about this idea?

210 FS1

211 FS2

219 Fox Soccer Plus / FS+ / FS3
220 NBCSN
221 alt 1
223 alt 2
224 alt 3
225 alt 4
226 alt 5

If FS1 goes to 219 I think it is likely that NBCSports moves to 221 so FS2 has room at 220.

If they want to do it right they can relocate some of the paid programming channels in the 220's somewhere else to make a few sports alternates channels for MLB, NHL, NBCS, FoxSports, etc.

I'm not yet convinced we are getting Fox Sports 2. When I select my local cable operator I get this information.

Starting August 17, tune in to FOX Sports 1 on Mediacom channel 75! And watch FOX Sports 2 on channel 179!

Maybe Directv only has a temporary agreement in place and maybe Fox Sports 2 will come at a later date?

I'm not yet convinced we are getting Fox Sports 2. When I select my local cable operator I get this information.

Starting August 17, tune in to FOX Sports 1 on Mediacom channel 75! And watch FOX Sports 2 on channel 179!

Maybe Directv only has a temporary agreement in place and maybe Fox Sports 2 will come at a later date?

I found this out by accident because I pressed the button on my remote too hard, but If you open your guide to and look at ch 618 FUEL and go over to the left that you are highlighting the channel name, then look at the top of the guide and it says "FOX Sports 2 HD"

I found this out by accident because I pressed the button on my remote too hard, but If you open your guide to and look at ch 618 FUEL and go over to the left that you are highlighting the channel name, then look at the top of the guide and it says "FOX Sports 2 HD"
still ??
mine not showing that says fuel

i see what you mean!

DirecTV with its channel numbers tweaking has become annoying.

Go and do a whole restructuring with a lineup that is more logical. Make a fresh new start of it all.

Directv has made very few changes over the years. There have been several lately, but overall not that many. It's hardly anything to be bugged about.

Directv has made very few changes over the years. There have been several lately, but overall not that many. It's hardly anything to be bugged about.

I sense there is a need for a major overhaul.

The tweaking of sports channels, where some are treated preciously at the front of the lineup and others to the back, is odd. The separation of CNN and Headline News from other news programmers is outdated. The switch of Playboy to a numerical slot in between content totally unrelated and inappropriate is stupid.

Getting a news item like this reported topic just tells me that, if DirecTV wants to get it right, it should reorganize via a numerical restructure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)