MavTV moves to 214 starting 8/21, Fox Sports 1 to 219

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also just read CBS Sports Network is moving to 221 on 8-21. Has anyone else heard this? If this is correct why will FS2 be in the 600s along with the sports pack channel and the FSN regional channels.

Also just read CBS Sports Network is moving to 221 on 8-21. Has anyone else heard this? If this is correct why will FS2 be in the 600s along with the sports pack channel and the FSN regional channels.

I think they will need to be shuffling around more channels in the 220's that are being used and then move all the stuff to the 205-230 range.

221 is currently NBC's alternate location, must be a lot of moving yet to come.

I was wondering why my sports favorite channel favorites was less channels. I wonder what the plan is for the alternates for BTN.

they'll come back before opening week. While the 1st week (8/29-31) they only need one alt channel (2 games on at same time) the 2nd week they need all 4 as there are 6 games on at same time

I think they will need to be shuffling around more channels in the 220's that are being used and then move all the stuff to the 205-230 range.

221 is currently NBC's alternate location, must be a lot of moving yet to come.

they can move NBCSN alt (which is only used during the playoffs) to 222 and move those paid program channels

I like that, although the "hide SD duplicates" probably still won't hide that.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That's what a favorites list is for. I have never seen SD-only content on the BTN alts, so it's safe to edit them out. There is little SD-only content on the alts, most of it on FCS, MASN2, CSN(MA)+, FSWIS, FSOK, and Altitude-alt.

And this method would allow for FSMW and FSNORTH to have dedicated PLUS channels so that hockey and misplaced Cardinals games aren't all over the guide.

628 NESN HD
628 NESN
629 NESN+
629-1 NESN+HD

Takes up no more space and causes no more clutter than

628 NESN HD
628 NESN SD
628-1 NESN+HD
628-1 NESN+

Now, dedicated +'s can come to those that need them:

668 FSNORHD
668 FSNOR
668-1 FSNOR+HD
668-1 FSNOR+
then FSWIS can stay where it is and everybody has a channel .

Now, all alts have dashes, making it more obvious that it's an alternate channel. I just think it's easier. To each their own, I suppose!

they added the BTN alts today as 610-1,-2,-3,-4 in HD only. There is no SD version as of now

guess those SD feeds will be added later. Per BTN site

Catch the primary BTN feed on DIRECTV in SD on channel 610 and in HD on channel 610. DIRECTV also offers BTN’s “Extra Game Football Channels” in your area as follows:

- Channel 610-1 or 610-1 (HD)
- Channel 610-2 or 610-2 (HD)
- Channel 610-3 or 610-3 (HD)
- Channel 610-4 or 610-4 (HD)

they added the BTN alts today as 610-1,-2,-3,-4 in HD only. There is no SD version as of now

Good. The less SD, the better.

Update: I am seeing SD and HD -1's on 610. And it looks like the Tennis Channel logo on the alts...

Last edited:
Interesting
On the D12 in the community room at my apartment complex there is 610-1,-2,-3,-4 but they are in SD
on the HR34 I see the same thing but they are HD...there is no SD channel

Also ESPN alt's are now at 209-1 & 209-2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)