MavTV moves to 214 starting 8/21, Fox Sports 1 to 219

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Interesting
On the D12 in the community room at my apartment complex there is 610-1,-2,-3,-4 but they are in SD
on the HR34 I see the same thing but they are HD...there is no SD channel

Also ESPN alt's are now at 209-1 & 209-2

Do you have the SD viewable in your set up ?

I'm kinda liking this .1,.2,.3 ect, vs adding another channel behind it.

Do you have the SD viewable in your set up ?

I'm kinda liking this .1,.2,.3 ect, vs adding another channel behind it.

I do, perhaps that is why I am seeing both. I always use my favorites list and like the SD available on the All channels list for storms. SD rarely goes away!

Update: I hid SD channels and only the HD shows. I do hope that they are careful with this - there is some SD-only content on the alts and I hope they scale it up to the HD alts...

Last edited:
I do, perhaps that is why I am seeing both. I always use my favorites list and like the SD available on the All channels list for storms. SD rarely goes away!

Update: I hid SD channels and only the HD shows. I do hope that they are careful with this - there is some SD-only content on the alts and I hope they scale it up to the HD alts...

I wondered if that was the case ...
I normally have mine set for HD ONLY ...
IF you set up a Custom list do you have the option to set the HD/SD in guide ?

Yes, if you show all channels and then make your list, you can add the SD version of the channel. They remain in the list if you then switch to hide SD channels. I used to dupe TBS and Cartoon Network when they showed more stretch-o-vision but recently took them out. I only have FSOH, FSCIN, FSWIS, and FSOK SD only in my favorites lists just for grouping. I can be OCD with things and had it so that if I started at 628 NESN, I could page down by region by stategically adding a few alts here and there and not having the and SD and HD versions of those channels allows me to do that. I also used to have the SD version of my local MY channel in my favorites list because their HD audio was messed up. It was the same OTA and on TWC. They recently fixed that so i put it back to HD.

The BTN alts are for football games which are all broadcast in HD. Nothing else is on those channels

The BTN alts are for football games which are all broadcast in HD. Nothing else is on those channels

Correct. But ESPN-alt has shown some SD material in the last year. It's really not a lot of programming or anything important, just personal curiosity.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

CBS Sports Network has moved to 221 this morning and NBC Sports Alternate is at 220-1. Fox Sports 2 is all but isolated with sports pack channels. I still believe FXX (Fox Soccer) will move once it goes live. I would live to know the plan for the 2 empty channels between ESPN and NFL Network since FS2 didn't move.

The others were there yesterday. They should return before the season starts. 1377121062519.jpg

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

210 and 211 are available now. ESPN Classic and ESPN Deportes (soon in HD!) should move there. I have previously agreed with others that SEC and LHN should go there should a deal be reached. But SEC and BHN would be better served near BTN. I still feel a COMPLETE channel revamp needs to happen, but this would work, too.

ejb1980
their is no 210 and 211 available now. ESPN Classic and ESPN Deportes (soon in HD! where ?

Available as in "Available to use" they used to be ESPN-alternates, but Directv is improving the way they place alternates in the guide. Alternates are being phased out on their own channels and being added as subchannels to the parent channel. That's why the BTN alternates moved from 609, 611, 612, and 615 to 610-x.

ESPN Deportes is testing in HD now. The "other" site said it going live on Sep 2, but I'll believe it when I see it. ESPN classic (614) and ESPN Deportes (432) would make more sense at 210 and 211 to keep the entire ESPN family together.

210 and 211 are available now. ESPN Classic and ESPN Deportes (soon in HD!) should move there. I have previously agreed with others that SEC and LHN should go there should a deal be reached. But SEC and BHN would be better served near BTN. I still feel a COMPLETE channel revamp needs to happen, but this would work, too.

Maybe they will move the BTN and the SEC network in there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)