Max run to lnb for dish install with hopper

jjthebutcher

Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
First time poster, long timer reader..

Tried last week to get dish to install at my new house. My only LOS was 170 feet from the house. Probably another 30 of brand new rg6 in the house.. Will that work? Would it help to put the hopper right at the entry point in the basement to amplify the signal and use joeys on all upstairs tvs? Would it help to put in a Dpp44 powered switch? Really need to get this working... I want to have my ducks in a row for the installer. They are coming back out tomorrow..Also could I hit some sats from the western arc and some from the east with two dishes?

Thanks in advance!

Dish says 200 feet is the limit between the Hopper and the LNB. Will probably work fine even with a little more especially if you use solid copper core RG6 cable.

Cable limits are the same with Hopper as with any other DPP equipment. 200 feet with standard RG6. You can use RG11 if you need to push it farther.

So maybe DIRT can help, the tech never showed and I called and was told no LOS I explained that nobody ever showed a second time. They said nothing they could do, I was called a liar. Does anyone have a good executive escalation number? Or Dirt please contact me...

So maybe DIRT can help, the tech never showed and I called and was told no LOS I explained that nobody ever showed a second time. They said nothing they could do, I was called a liar. Does anyone have a good executive escalation number? Or Dirt please contact me...

Yeah its called your local retailer. They usually will go above and beyond what DNS Will do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts