Maximum shows saved??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
i notice my 722 exceeding the max number of shows i set it up to save for some timers -- it's not doing on all shows just a few ... anyone else see this?

There is a sticky regarding how timers and events (two different things) work on 522, 625, and ViP DVR's. Could someone be kind enough to direct him there? Thanks.

OK= i'm obviously doing something wrong- i do not find any stickys related to the timers or events, as you describe - i've searched under the dish forums and nothing...

YES! That is the link. HOWEVER, since its posting, the number of events has increased significantly. I don't know what it is for the SD DVR's. The number of events for the ViP DVR's is also a lot more than 288. I don't know what the new limits are, but I have yet to reach its limit, as I did before the increase in number of events.

thanks guys but that's not what i was referring to. when setting up a timer i select how many shows i want to keep - maximum recorded shows-- but the 722 is exceeding the max in keeping shows on the dvr - it did this for two different shows (jepoardy and cash cab) - i have it set to keep only two shows but it saved 4 shows (each) - just curious as to how/why this happens.

Oh, sorry. I think I understand now. Well, my experience with this feature has been that the vast majority of the time it works perfectly. But in the past, there have been a few instances when it kept one or two more than it should have. Then, in subsequent recordings, it began to work as it should. I thought that if I had played back the program while it was recording that that may have confused the box, so to speak. But lately, it seems to work flawlessly. In other words, I can confirm this occasional problem, but I really have no answer as to why. It just may be one of those bugs that all devices have about them.

thanks- yeah it seems to have straightened itself out - just in the time since i first posted - i was just curious if others have seen this too... thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)