Maximum shows saved??

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
i notice my 722 exceeding the max number of shows i set it up to save for some timers -- it's not doing on all shows just a few ... anyone else see this?

There is a sticky regarding how timers and events (two different things) work on 522, 625, and ViP DVR's. Could someone be kind enough to direct him there? Thanks.

OK= i'm obviously doing something wrong- i do not find any stickys related to the timers or events, as you describe - i've searched under the dish forums and nothing...

YES! That is the link. HOWEVER, since its posting, the number of events has increased significantly. I don't know what it is for the SD DVR's. The number of events for the ViP DVR's is also a lot more than 288. I don't know what the new limits are, but I have yet to reach its limit, as I did before the increase in number of events.

thanks guys but that's not what i was referring to. when setting up a timer i select how many shows i want to keep - maximum recorded shows-- but the 722 is exceeding the max in keeping shows on the dvr - it did this for two different shows (jepoardy and cash cab) - i have it set to keep only two shows but it saved 4 shows (each) - just curious as to how/why this happens.

Oh, sorry. I think I understand now. Well, my experience with this feature has been that the vast majority of the time it works perfectly. But in the past, there have been a few instances when it kept one or two more than it should have. Then, in subsequent recordings, it began to work as it should. I thought that if I had played back the program while it was recording that that may have confused the box, so to speak. But lately, it seems to work flawlessly. In other words, I can confirm this occasional problem, but I really have no answer as to why. It just may be one of those bugs that all devices have about them.

thanks- yeah it seems to have straightened itself out - just in the time since i first posted - i was just curious if others have seen this too... thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)