May 23rd DirecTV Rumor

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Apparently not. My folks have all 3 services in their house, Cable wins hands down. But E* beats D* btwn the Sat services, it just stinks that E* doesn't have a 1 dish solution on the East Coast for HD.

cable is satellite you fool
but cable company's has more satellites,they suck because some channels are digital and not too many HD channels, costs are too high

Cable company uses these satellite to receive for home use

Galaxy 11, 14,10R, 3C, 13, 15, 9, 4R, and 12
SBS 6
Horizons I

Directv and dish network are 100% digital

Last edited:
Dish must not want old customers back that bad after all since they charge a $25 restart fee and will not waive it (at least for those I tried to get it waived for).

Stargazer said:
Dish must not want old customers back that bad after all since they charge a $25 restart fee and will not waive it (at least for those I tried to get it waived for).

they would waiver mine if I came back, I haven't yet. If they would offer me with no commitment and offer HD, I would jump in a heartbeat and stay.

I've loved HDTV since it first started - its the whiners on every little thing here that make me upchuck.

Gotta disagree with Satmeister. He is smoking the DirecTV crack rock. I admit being a D* love child for many years but I finally got sick of it after seeing E* at a friends house. I pulled the D* plug after 7 years in February 2006. E* looks numerous times better on my two tv's and yes I kept both services for almost a month to ensure I was happy. This is my first time with Dish and I am quite satisfied. The 622 was less expensive then the hd-tivo (earlier adopter for both) and blows it out of the water feature and speed wise.

Looks like i'd still be waiting for the D* mpeg-4 HD-dvr which if anything like the r-15 will be quite buggy. Someone up there loves your wallet Satmeister and don't you forget it.

DirecTV is rated number 1 overall for customer satisfaction for these reasons below.

1. Most customers polled are SD only customers not HD customers.
2. Of these SD customers most rate DirecTV better because in nearly all cases them customers went to DirecTV with cheaper prices with a picture quality better than analog. These customers also tend to get more channels for the same price which also in turns makes the ratings better for DirecTV.

Again what Satmeister fails to understand is that when your polling customers from cable and satellite companies the chances are much much much higher of having an SD only customer being called and if that SD only customer is a DirecTV customer its a very good chance this customer had an analog lineup at a very high price with less channels. Even if that customers cable company is now offering an all digital lineup with a better lineup at a cheaper price its unlikely that this customer knows this. I will tell you this much that if I was an SD only customer and had a choice between my cable company BHN and DirecTV I would say in a hearbeat that DirecTV was better. Now if I was an HD only customer I would say BHN was better as their HD is better even with an analog lineup. Do you see how these polls don't show the entire picture when your trying to say that DirecTVs HD must be good because they are rated number 1.

I'm not an HD nut nor would I switch from company to company because they don't offer any one specific channel but I will not pay top dollar with DirecTV to get subpar HDTV offerings. I've had DirecTV, Dish Network, Voom, BHN and now Comcast so I have a good overview of the picture quality.

I will give my overview without Voom as they are gone and things have changed since Voom went under.

Comcast and BHN are the best I've seen for picture quality of HDTV channels.
Dish Network is a close third for HD picture quality while DirecTV is last.
Comcast and Dish Network in my area are the best for SD picture quality.
DirecTV is a very very close third on SD picture quality with BHN being last as they still have an analog lineup if you have a digital box.

Now this is my personal picture quality roundup and has nothing todo with who has the better prices or HD offerings but just pure picture quality.

But the fact remains that DirecTV offers lower quality HD and even if you can't see this difference it doesn't mean it doesn't exist as the specs of what they are sending out prove its lower quality. Most people can see its worse if they have seen other companies offerings.

Edit...also to Satmeister just because a company gets rated very high doesn't make them the best just keep that in mind. Because DirecTV is rated number 1 does that mean they are better than Verizon FIOS. Again your trying to make a general poll (not a specific poll that targets HD customers but a poll that targets many more SD customers than HD) and making it out that these customers all said DirecTVs HD was better and it just don't work that way buddy.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)