May Have Solved My S209 PTAT Problem

hojni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
After a month of flawless PTAT function with S207, I have had nothing but problems with PTAT since S209 spooled to my two Hoppers last week.

The Hoppers would not record anything in PTAT some nights, only one network of the four some nights and other nights a different one of the four networks would record. I worked with DIRT, rebooted, ran switch tests and did complete power cycles. Nothing worked.

Thursday night we had some storms pass through the Chicago area and I noticed that both Hoppers were searching for the 62.5 satellite. The error message got me to thinking. Last fall I had switched from a mixed arc to a western arc configuration. However, since I had a DPP44, i just left my old 62.5 wing dish connected. On a whim, this morning I disconnected the 62.5 wing dish from the DPP44, did a switch test and reset.

Tonight, both Hoppers recorded all shows on all PTAT channels with no issue.

I'll let you know if the solution holds.

Night 2 after removing 62.5 and both Hoppers fired up and recorded all networks in PTAT during tonight's primetime.

Good to know! Tomorrow night is my first night recording PTA as I just got the install today, and I'm hoping there are no issues! *crosses fingers*

I still setup timers for all of my favroite shows. I absolutely love that I don't have to worry about not having enough tuners anymore. Most of what I watch is on the Big 4 anyway, and once or twice a week I'll want to record something on a channel like USA, AMC, or TNT. In the past I HAD to watch what was on, and now I can switch between sports and all that on most occasions. Plus I can discover new tv shows since everything records :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)