May need to add a receiver

wolfjc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Cincinnati
My grandson may be moving in with us and I am wondering how to go about getting a second VIP211.
Should I get the package which will cut the service call cost?
How much will a second receiver cost?
How much a month will a second receiver cost?
My other TV receiver is an old Sony and it is not an HD set will a VIP211 even talk to this old set?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

You may be able to get dish to give you one with a contract extension, or you can just buy one for ~100 bucks. The additional fee for the receiver, whether you own it or not, is $7 /mo. If you need to install another line to the satellite, and you cannot do this yourself, you should contact a DIRT member to find out what options you may have available.

Last edited:
My grandson may be moving in with us and I am wondering how to go about getting a second VIP211.
Should I get the package which will cut the service call cost?
How much will a second receiver cost?
How much a month will a second receiver cost?
My other TV receiver is an old Sony and it is not an HD set will a VIP211 even talk to this old set?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

A 211 has HD and SD outputs, so there shouldn't be any problems connecting it to the TV. The additional 211 would be $7 per month. If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I can get you more details.

How "old" is that Sony? Does it have composite inputs (red, white and yellow RCA jacks)? If it's only input is coax, that can be dealt with, but will require an inexpensive adapter. I'm pretty sure Sony never put out a TV with just 300 ohm antenna lead input.

Modulator not needed. The 211 has a coax out. Just checked my manual and looked at the back of my 211. I am using the coax out to feed a tv in my kitchen.

Modulator not needed. The 211 has a coax out. Just checked my manual and looked at the back of my 211. I am using the coax out to feed a tv in my kitchen.

Yes. Don't know why I was wrapped on him getting a Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)