May try C/Ku LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
With 99% of the analog channels gone, I have given serious thought into a C/Ku lnbf system to use 13/18v switching isntead of using a polorotor and the old C band remote to change polarity. Would perfer having a dedicated line to feed C and one for Ku, but the ones I have seen use 22k switching to change bands. Since I have a 22K switch inline already, this would not work. Would be a nice upgrade to the dual feed feedhorn unless I can just bolt on a C lnbf and a ku lnbf in place of the lnb's. Current feedhorn assembly is a chapparal

With 99% of the analog channels gone, I have given serious thought into a C/Ku lnbf system to use 13/18v switching isntead of using a polorotor and the old C band remote to change polarity. Would perfer having a dedicated line to feed C and one for Ku, but the ones I have seen use 22k switching to change bands. Since I have a 22K switch inline already, this would not work. Would be a nice upgrade to the dual feed feedhorn unless I can just bolt on a C lnbf and a ku lnbf in place of the lnb's. Current feedhorn assembly is a chapparal

You can always bypass the 22k switch build-in to the lnfb. Your setup will work fine running separate coaxes, unless it's a universal lnbf on the ku side.

Should be a linear Ku with an LO of 10750. If it will work, think I will be buying one very shortly

markbone100,
I been battling about doing the same thing. I've had my BUD system since 1984. I sent my 4DTV receiver of to be worked on. Supposedly it can get more maps and fta channels that Motorola canned on us and more other things they did to the receivers. I been reading a lot of posts about LNBF setups but not quite sure yet! Hope you success though!

I have the 905 here, not being used but plugged in to keep the battery safe. Its been a while since I used it to search around

Yea, I have a DSR922. sent off to have battery replaced and upgraded. FTA receivers, AZbox Prem + and PVR800 Sathawk aka S9

I had a dmx741 lnbf, it worked good. Then one day it stopped switching polarity's (stuck on Horizontal side). Thought about buying a new one, but for about the same price I just build a servo controller and went back to using the ADL RP3 C-ku. The controller automatically switches polarity with 13/18 volts, just like a lnbf, It was a fun project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)