Maybe coming back...

paulman182

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
East Kentucky
After over 20 years with the competitor, I am thinking about returning to Dish.
Both providers make it difficult to determine exactly what the service will cost once you put together your package, so I would like some advice please.
I am a movie fan and would like every premium movie channel that Dish offers, including Sony Movie Channel, Epix, all of them.
My base package would be America's Top 250, and I believe I would need a Hopper 3 with 2 4K Joeys.
Can someone give me an idea of what the cost would be for the first two years before I call them? That way, if they quote something different, I can maybe figure out what they are omitting.
I guess I would need the Heartland pack too, unless that is included in America's 250.

I am over 55 years of age, too, in case there is a discount.
If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it.

I have Americas 250 with all the channels for movies, but they are on six month end or three month deals. They could go away, and they could change, but they tend to stay around. I did sign a new two-year contract for the first time since I got the service in 2000 and 2001.
It was cheaper to do that then America’s everything pack which has all the movies.

When my movie deal was going out for one of the channels which I believe was showtime, I called and they told me they couldn’t do anything. I did call again a couple weeks later and they were telling me that my bill was going up to something like $175 or I had already seen the latest bill and I told him that that would not work as a customer for 20 years. That is when they basically redid the deal at a very similar price about 5 dollars more than before because they need to keep me as a customer.

I have local channels and 1 H3 with one Joey 2.
I agreed to auto pay.

i’ve gotten one bill, but it was prorated. From what they told me though, I should expect a bill of around $138 per month.

they should be able to give you a pretty accurate number.

After over 20 years with the competitor, I am thinking about returning to Dish.
Both providers make it difficult to determine exactly what the service will cost once you put together your package, so I would like some advice please.
I am a movie fan and would like every premium movie channel that Dish offers, including Sony Movie Channel, Epix, all of them.
My base package would be America's Top 250, and I believe I would need a Hopper 3 with 2 4K Joeys.
Can someone give me an idea of what the cost would be for the first two years before I call them? That way, if they quote something different, I can maybe figure out what they are omitting.
I guess I would need the Heartland pack too, unless that is included in America's 250.

I am over 55 years of age, too, in case there is a discount.
If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it.
`I would think twice about 4K Joeys - they don't support HDR and are not worth the $50 bucks apiece Dish will want for them.
America's Top 250 includes all the Heartland Pack Channels.

I think new customer rate for the Top 250 is $89.99, plus $25 for Equip (Joeys have a $2.00 credit), $15 for DVR service. The movies are free for 3 months, but after that, they get pricey. Top 250 includes the Stars and Encore movies, but you'd be paying for HBO, Showtime and Dish Movies ($10.00 each, I think). Add in any regulatory fees and you're looking at about %135 a month then $165 when the free movie previews end?

`I would think twice about 4K Joeys - they don't support HDR and are not worth the $50 bucks apiece Dish will want for them.
America's Top 250 includes all the Heartland Pack Channels.

I think new customer rate for the Top 250 is $89.99, plus $25 for Equip (Joeys have a $2.00 credit), $15 for DVR service. The movies are free for 3 months, but after that, they get pricey. Top 250 includes the Stars and Encore movies, but you'd be paying for HBO, Showtime and Dish Movies ($10.00 each, I think). Add in any regulatory fees and you're looking at about %135 a month then $165 when the free movie previews end?
Thanks for the help, guys. That's quite a bit less than DirecTV wants me to start paying.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)