Maybe I missed what "No OTA" meant....

TroyO

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Denver, CO
OK, probably a dumb question... I'm a newb to satelitte so go easy, LOL.

How do I watch just plain 'ole NBC? (Or Fox or... etc.) Not like anything that would need to be OTA (Local news and such) but just the regular network wide TV programs during the non-PTAT hours?

I don't see the networks as an option in the guide or in on Demand.

I'm hoping I'm just missing it in the giganto list of channels somewhere. I kind of assumed the no OTA thing only mattered for things that were generated locally... why wouldn't they satelitte feed the network-wide stuff?

Next dumb question.... PTAT is primetime 7 days a week? (My wife is worried she will miss GCB, was trying set a recording and can't find it anywhere.)

Yes, PTAT is seven nights a week.

You should have your locals if you had them before the Hopper. OTA only means using an outside antenna to get NBC ABC, PBS, etc,,, in addition to getting them from the satellite. They should be where you would expect - meaning if NBC for instance is on channel 8 in your area, then it will be on channel 8 in the guide.
Did you have dish before with different receivers?

No, never had Dish before. The channels are pretty confusing so it's highly possible I have something set wrong. I go from 1 VOD to 071-00 IDEA?

TroyO said:
No, never had Dish before. The channels are pretty confusing so it's highly possible I have something set wrong. I go from 1 VOD to 071-00 IDEA?

When my hoppers were activated for some reason my locals were pulled. Just had to have a CSR send a "hit" to my machines.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Already taken care of... chat CSR hooked me up. They were missing... LOL. (Wheeeew..... I won't be killed for "Fooling with all this satellite crap when my GCB is coming on!") ;-o Anyway.... was one of those "No prob, they will be up in 10 minutes." and by the time the CSR said that they already were.

Actually my wife is quite impressed by all the tech toys too.

So far I have been pretty impressed by the chat CSR system. Our installer was top notch as well. So far they have Comcast whooped.

Already taken care of... chat CSR hooked me up. They were missing... LOL. (Wheeeew..... I won't be killed for "Fooling with all this satellite crap when my GCB is coming on!") ;-o Anyway.... was one of those "No prob, they will be up in 10 minutes." and by the time the CSR said that they already were.

Actually my wife is quite impressed by all the tech toys too.

So far I have been pretty impressed by the chat CSR system. Our installer was top notch as well. So far they have Comcast whooped.

The CSR's associated with this site make having Dish worth it alone. Don't expect that kind of knowledge if you were to call on the phone, unfortunately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)