Maybe new to Dish, should I wait for 922?

As a 922 beta tester I can assure you that you don't want one right now as your primary receiver. This is a very complex receiver and I'm sure the computer programmers at Dish are doing all they can to get it ready, but it's not.

No Sling.
No external hard drive support.

It's getting better with every update and now that they added IR support I will get one when it's finished.

I'm giving Charlie a thumbs up for not releasing it early.:up

How did you get a beta? Did they contact you or do you work for Dish?

How did you get a beta? Did they contact you or do you work for Dish?

I'm friendly with a local installer who didn't have time to test and he knows I'm into this. He signed up and let me play with it.

As soon as they get the EHD working I'll probably see if I can put it on my account and move it to the main room.

As Scott mentioned it is getting better and if I don't get to keep this one I'll get another.

I don't know if I will upgrade to the 922 receiver. The scratch pad remote control is something that will keep me from doing so. I want the option to use older remote controls as well. Otherwise I will wait till some of these software features get downloaded to the 722k. I had heard that some of the best features, hopefully like the guide and logos , will be downloaded to the vip series of receivers.
It uses a regular remote now.

I haven't heard anything, but I don't think so. The EHD still isn't activated and the Sling works sometimes. I'm pretty sure they need to get these nailed down first.

The Sling is going to be changing over to the new Flash technology thus why they havent really screwed with it much the last few betas. :)

EHD is big and they are also working on the browser which is supposed to be far better then the one we were using before.

The Sling is going to be changing over to the new Flash technology thus why they havent really screwed with it much the last few betas. :)

EHD is big and they are also working on the browser which is supposed to be far better then the one we were using before.

The last browser wasn't very good.

I'm surprised that it's taken them this long to get the EHD working. If they get that going I might move this into the main room.

I had a conversation on Feb 11th with a CSR about the new HD (I was on 61.5) and I asked about the 922 and was told that it would not be available for the public until April.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts