Maybe new to Dish, should I wait for 922?

I got a 612 upgrade for my son's room in October. That my mean I will have to wait a year to get the 922 at the lease price. I usually am not a first adopter anyway and wait until the bugs are out and the price drops.

I am not buying one, that is way too much money.

Seems like the last time they had a "Hot" new HD DVR release the price when down $100 after the next quarter (3 months).

I think I will wait 3 months after it is released and save.

Wife is asking what I do I want for Xmas? Looks like the 922 will not be ready in time.

I am other one with an expired DirecTV contract waiting to see whats new out there for new subs.

The 922 sure does sounds like winner.

Now this may get interesting. My 2 year contract is up.

The new 922 may not be out till March at the lower price assuming the price like what happened last time.

***AND**

Thats about the time the rummored new DirecTV HD Tivo will be out.
I wonder if Dish is waiting to perfect the 922 so it can do battle with the new DirecTV HD Tivo?
The timing is going to be there I think.

Wife is asking what I do I want for Xmas? Looks like the 922 will not be ready in time.

I am other one with an expired DirecTV contract waiting to see whats new out there for new subs.

The 922 sure does sounds like winner.

Im with you...My Direc contract expired a couple of months ago..

Id really like to say sayonara to them..I cant stand the Hr22s.

Plus Ive been treated very poorly as of late by DTV..After giving them a boatload of money.

But I do like the ceneter ice (Ny Rangers) and NFL ticket..for my Jets...

But its getting to expensive..Plus ive seen them(Ny Jets) air nationally allot..Thats frustrating..

Also out of contract with Dish...No way I will leave dish..722 is just too damn good.

I would love to know more about the 922...Sounds awesome! State of the art!

I have seen the upcoming Charley Chat Show this coming monday advertised on Fox business channel on Imus in the morning. Maybe there will be some exciting information forthcoming.

LOL almost switched over to dtv but didnt want to give up my 722. I see yet agan though that dish has screwed the pooch on the release of the 922.
Charlie is a complete moron so no big surprise.

LOL almost switched over to dtv but didnt want to give up my 722. I see yet agan though that dish has screwed the pooch on the release of the 922.
Charlie is a complete moron so no big surprise.

As a 922 beta tester I can assure you that you don't want one right now as your primary receiver. This is a very complex receiver and I'm sure the computer programmers at Dish are doing all they can to get it ready, but it's not.

No Sling.
No external hard drive support.

It's getting better with every update and now that they added IR support I will get one when it's finished.

I'm giving Charlie a thumbs up for not releasing it early.:up

Ok been talking to the wife about getting off the 211 going to a HDDVR but wanting to wait for the new 922. So do we have a good feel on when the 922 going to be out??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)