Maybe one of you can help...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colt45allstar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I'm mostly wondering if the following could be some sort of glitch.

Ok twice this week something I set up to record, never started recording.

I set up all my week's Oakland A's games to record in advance and a few days ok... the game simply never started recording, there were no conflicts as nothing else was set to record.

Thankfully that day I happened to be home and noticed it wasn't recording and started it after the first out in the first inning.

Today however.... I was not so lucky. Didn't get home until the fourth inning and lo and behold it wasn't recording (even though I took the time to double check and make sure it was still set up to record and still showed up in the manage recordings "to do list" which is did as of just last night.

In addition Sunday's game is no longer showing up in my to do list.. even though I set it up earlier in the week also.

Granted I'm going to be able to watch most of the game.... I did however miss Jason Giambi's 400th homerun which really sucks.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Is it a known glitch of some sort and if so is there anything that can be done about it?!?

Right now seeing how it's only happened a couple of times.. it's nothing more than a minor annoyance.... However if it continues to happen... since I paid a good chunk of money to get Extra Innings and have access to my Oaland A's I'm going to be a very very unhappy customer.... especially considering that I 'have' to record a lot of them due to work.

I've had DirecTV for about six months and despite a horrible installation experience (more the fault of the installation company I went with and not DirecTV themselves) I've greatly enjoyed their service

Having said that, if this DVR problem ends up being more than an isolated incident... then well that's a deal breaker. If you set up something to record.. and no conflicts exist, you well kinda expect it to record.

Last edited:
Any chance you set up the recording on a channel you are not authorized to receive? If you're an EI guy, some games are on 4 or more channels with some that are NOT authorized in your market.

I haven't had any trouble recording ANY game shown on my local FSN channel (Seattle).

Nope I'm a lifelong Oakland A's fan living in Joplin, Mo

The only teams with blackout restrictions are The Cardinals and Royals.

Plus as mentioned I was able to start watching the game from the fourth inning on... it just wasn't recording like it should have been.

As of now though I'm going to simply chalk it up to a couple of isolated incidents, as today's game recorded fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)