Maybe or perhaps

Chinatown

On Vacation
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Wisconsin
I just got a call from Dish. They were responding to 2 topics I had sent to the CEO e mail.

1. To add FSN Wisconsin.

She said there were no plans to add it. I then suggested that they at least dedicate one specific RSN alternate as the home of the Brewers/Bucks, etc. as Directv has done. This way we would not have to search through the numerous RSN's to find the game for that day.

She liked that suggestion and said that it would be shared with the program directors.

2. The MLB network. I suggested that it would be a good time to talk to them relative to expanding their viewership, as their latest numbers have been dreadful. They might be receptive to adding it to the basic carriages that Dish has.

She said they are constantly getting that request, but, was non commital to that suggestion.

Be interesting to see if any of this happens.

...2. The MLB network. I suggested that it would be a good time to talk to them relative to expanding their viewership, as their latest numbers have been dreadful. They might be receptive to adding it to the basic carriages that Dish has.

She said they are constantly getting that request, but, was non commital to that suggestion.

Be interesting to see if any of this happens.

Umm, Dish's numbers have been dreadful? You do realize in the last two quarters they have added over 400,000 net customers compared to like 200,000 for Direct, right?

Somewhat shocked

He said MLB Networks' number have been dreadful.

So quick to defend Dish............ why???????

That they actually called me. I have been a subscriber for 4 years now, and have never gotten a call, so got to give them their props.

I don't know, but your answer is irrelevant to the OP.

And you did not answer my question.

You are trying to deflect.....

Okay, here you go since some how you feel like you are owed an explaination...

They way I understood his statement, "I suggested that it would be a good time to talk to them relative to expanding their viewership, as their latest numbers have been dreadful." was that he was talking about Dish and their numbers being dreadful (which they were three+ quarters ago) and so I simply pointed out that they (Dish) have added 400,000+ net subs over the last two quarters.
I hope that helps you get thru your day knowing my explanation for my post...:rolleyes:

To the OP. Sorry for misunderstanding your post. I guess I am not as smart or clued in as yaz96 is to your post and the world as a whole. While it would be nice to have MLB, it doesn't look like it is going to happen any time soon...

My question to you is -

Why are you so defensive about Dish Network? Why do you feel a need to ridicule anyone that says anything negative about them.

That is the question you still have not answered.

My question to you is -

Why are you so defensive about Dish Network? Why do you feel a need to ridicule anyone that says anything negative about them.

I must have missed the ridicule. He explained the misinterpretation that was the basis for his fact based response. The tone might have been a bit flippant, but that is explained by the misunderstanding of the meaning of the OP's statements to he Dish rep.

Back to the original topic... I doubt Dish will add MLB anytime soon, but one can hope. It is interesting that they called to discuss the subject matter of your email, but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Where is the ridicule?

Ok, maybe ridicule is not the right word.

How about....belittle, talk down to, make an OP feel stupid for asking the question or making the statement, deride, badger, gibe, haze, humiliate, jape, jeer, jive, lampoon, laugh at, make a fool of, make a laughing-stock, make fun of, mimic, mock, needle, pan, poke fun at, pooh-pooh, put down, rag, rail at, rally, raz, rib, ride, roast, run down, scoff, scorn, show up, sneer, takeoff, taunt, disdain.

Better?

My question to you is -

Why are you so defensive about Dish Network?

Jesus. How about this?

Why can't he just answer the question?

Also, how about you answer the same question KAB?

You guys are so quick to spit judgment, and yet never explain where it comes from.

Jesus. How about this?

Why can't he just answer the question?

Also, how about you answer the same question KAB?

You guys are so quick to spit judgment, and yet never explain where it comes from.

I did, last week. Plus, Slammin was not throwing out any judgments. In fact, I think he went out of his way to make sure of it. You are reading things that aren't there.

Last edited:
Ok, maybe ridicule is not the right word.

How about....belittle, talk down to, make an OP feel stupid for asking the question or making the statement, deride, badger, gibe, haze, humiliate, jape, jeer, jive, lampoon, laugh at, make a fool of, make a laughing-stock, make fun of, mimic, mock, needle, pan, poke fun at, pooh-pooh, put down, rag, rail at, rally, raz, rib, ride, roast, run down, scoff, scorn, show up, sneer, takeoff, taunt, disdain.

Better?

and ironically that is exactly what you have done in each and every one of your posts, not only in this thread but most of the threads you post in, not only to me but others as well. I am sure that Chinatown is just tickled pink that you decided to hijack his thread for your own personal vendeda...

and ironically that is exactly what you have done in each and every one of your posts, not only in this thread but most of the threads you post in, not only to me but others as well. I am sure that Chinatown is just tickled pink that you decided to hijack his thread for your own personal vendeda...

Nice way to deflect the question, yet once again...... :rolleyes:

I'm just tired of you knee-jerk Dish apologists attacking or questioning every person that has an issue with Dish, and decided to start asking you questions, which seems to make you guys particularly uncomfortable.

Last edited:
I did, last week. Plus, Slammin was not throwing out any judgments. In fact, I think he went out of his way to make sure of it. You are reading things that aren't there.

Umm, he DID judge, he automatically assumed that the OP was slamming Dish's numbers, instead of reading the post and seeing that the OP meant MLB numbers were "dreadful".

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts