McRib

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrxtreme

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Castle Rock, CO
Love it or hate it, I've noticed the McRib is at McDonald's. MMM. So do you love it or hate it? I've never known anyone to be in the middle here...

Not back here yet.

I loved those things.

I wish they would bring back the McDLT. Those things were yummy.

Around here we had McPizza and Fried Chicken for awhile none of them lasted long.

I like the taste but that is mostly due to the sauce. As for the meat itself- Caveat Emptor! Neither McD or BK are known for their quality of beef, often filled with other animal parts that if you knew what was really in there, you'd vomit right now all over your keyboard!

No pickles, no onions is the way to go... and as for the meat quality, they marketed it last year as 100% pure pork... lol that's great... lol

No pickles, no onions is the way to go... and as for the meat quality, they marketed it last year as 100% pure pork... lol that's great... lol

Pure Pork includes a lot of things you wouldn't put on your grill at home and serve to anyone.

I'd much rather keep the $5 in my pocket and buy a half-rack of real ribs the next time I'm out for lunch. Sure their marketing had me begging my parents to stop at the golden arches when I was eight, but I've long since realized that every other option is better for my taste buds and my body.

McRib is (was) good, but it's certainly no Arby-Q :)

When I was younger I loved the McRib. But now I don't like the strange consistency of the heavily processed meat (with whatever parts are in there). I do like their sauce though.

Last weekend we drove halfway across the U.S. and along the way one of the gas stations we stopped at had an Arby's inside. I was ecstatic when I saw that the Arby-Q's had returned there (for a limited time). I would have grabbed a couple (2 for $4) but we had just eaten. The pickle on there really topped it off as a good, simple sandwich.

All of the Arby's around where I live seemed to have quit doing the Arby-Q's a long time ago. :(

I like the taste but that is mostly due to the sauce. As for the meat itself- Caveat Emptor! Neither McD or BK are known for their quality of beef, often filled with other animal parts that if you knew what was really in there, you'd vomit right now all over your keyboard!
LOL - meat ?? I guess that term doesn't have a standard associated with it, so even earthworms could count. They'd probably even be better for you!

That said, I have eaten many McRibs over the years. We call them "McPigs" in these parts - made with eyes, scrotums, and various misc. and sundry pig parts you really don't want to know about! I even like the pickles. What's the current calorie/carb count?

I love Big Macs too, but at about 540 cals. ea., I don't eat very many of them. In general, I only eat at Micky D's when they're offering 2-fers, and that's only about twice a year around here...

I avoid mc donalds EXCEPT when mc rib is here.

my favorite sandwich is Roy Rodgers roast beef where you add the sauce and onions pickle tomato etc.

If I EVER became wealthy I would buy a roy rodgers franchise just to have them available.

the only remaining roys are on the PA Turnpike

Actually there are Roy's left all over the Northeast. BTW, it is Roy Rogers, there is no "d" in the name.

Roy Rogers Restaurants

does that website work for others, it never does for me, select anything comes up done with a bare white page:( toolbar says session expired

Roys was bought by hardees to be converted to hardees. Trouble was converted restaurants failed. Hardees is a poor comparison.

so locations were converted to other restaurants:( at the very end a franchisee who didnt want to convert bought the remnants and is attempting to rebuild.

you need at least a million in liquid assets to buy a franchise. out of my league.

around here there are 2 left on pa turnpike but all service plazas are being rebuilt and I fear they will be gone one day:(

Is it just me, or is Mc Donalds not the same as it was 15 years ago,

food has bewen re engineered to be safer, like trans fats and lard.

but WE arent the same as 15 years ago:(

getting older effects nearly everything, and claude your young!

Wait till your 50:(

mc ds menu sure is bigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)