MDU install? can i do it?

j5races

j5races

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 7, 2004
119
0
Hi,

We are custom installer for large homes and often Directv installs. I have dish and want to use it for a 300 unit retirement apartments we are looking to setup. Will dish let our company install the system if we are not dish retailers?

Thanks jon
 
j5races

j5races

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 7, 2004
119
0
right, but will dish let our company install the system or will they make us use a dish retailer?

Jon
 
boba

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
11,350
1,033
Dorchester, TX.
j5races said:
right, but will dish let our company install the system or will they make us use a dish retailer?

Jon
Become a commercial dealer and you can install don't and you can't. :)
 
TuxCoder

TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
2,052
3
Dayton, OH
boba said:
Become a commercial dealer and you can install don't and you can't. :)
Not to pick on you boba, but the above had me real confused for a second so I thought I'd throw in some punctuation and extra words. :)

Become a commercial dealer, and you can install; don't [become one], and you can't [install].
 
j5races

j5races

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 7, 2004
119
0
if thats true, then it really pisses me off that they wont let our company install a 170 or more unit install. Pretty stupid of them (dish). What do they lose by not letting us install these units.....

DAMN dish. Is this true?
 
T

Titan_Wireless

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 15, 2005
69
0
J5,

Is it a highrise type apartment or a garden/campus style?
 
S

satqas

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 4, 2005
26
0
Chisholm, MN
j5races said:
if thats true, then it really pisses me off that they wont let our company install a 170 or more unit install. Pretty stupid of them (dish). What do they lose by not letting us install these units.....

DAMN dish. Is this true?


I guess I don't understand why you believe Dish Network should let you install this system. You don't contract to dish to do installs which means you wouldn't be bound to follow they're business rules for performing a commercial install. (I'm not in any way implying that your not capable)

Also why would dish give this install to you when they're are numerous companies that do contract to Dish that would love to install it.

My best advice to you if you want to install systems for dish is to become a contractor for them.
 
j5races

j5races

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 7, 2004
119
0
Why should they let our company do it? Well if it werent for me they would lose the 300 units to cox cable. The apartments dont care who provides tv as long as that huge BUD goes away. Cable is fine, i want them to have dish because i love it.

Titan, Its flat garden type units.....


Jon
 
W

Wally Michaels

Member
Mar 22, 2005
12
0
Become a dealer and receive residuals ($$$) every month. It just makes cents.

Wally
 
M

mkm4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2003
617
0
j5races said:
Why should they let our company do it? Well if it werent for me they would lose the 300 units to cox cable. The apartments dont care who provides tv as long as that huge BUD goes away. Cable is fine, i want them to have dish because i love it.

Titan, Its flat garden type units.....


Jon


300 units? Dish's daily churn is bigger than that. They net 4,000 new customers per day. Not getting your apartments will be a tiny blip on their radar.
 

Similar threads

N
Replies
12
Views
11K
deres61
D
Juan
Replies
14
Views
2K
whatchel1
whatchel1
aklarvanto
Replies
2
Views
1K
charlesrshell
charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top