MDU Set Up Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

winesmile

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I have a situation in an condo complex that provides DTV to tenants in the building.

In the living room and master bedroom there is cabinet space for a DTV receiver - not a problem.

In the master bath and kitchen I will be changing out old CRT TVs with modern lcd displays, but there is no room for a DTV receiver in those two location. They each have power and coax terminations at the TV location for the existing TVs. Although I have not toned them out yet to find out where that coax leads to...

My question is - what is the best or traditional way of configuring DTV is this type of situation in an MDU? Is there a way of providing DTV without a receiver in some locations?

Thanks for your input!

they need to get a hold of mdu company. there are that i know of 2 types of MDU's so there is no telling which you have.

As slick vic says, there are at least two different types of MDU system (three if you count the systems using head-end equipment to provide a type of in-house cable system). You need to talk to the company or person responsible for the MDU system to find out what technology they use.
Regardless of the technology, the TVs will need to be connected to a DirecTV receiver somewhere. If you are using HD receivers, you can hide the receiver somewhere - in a kitchen cabinet for example - and use an RF remote to control it.

But installing lots of HD stuff will be a bit pointless if it's an older MDU system that does not receive the 99/103 satellite slots because there won't be any HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)