ME-TV, Antenna TV, and RTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

videoking

Original poster
Sep 21, 2011
Michigan
Are these networks unencrypted and available via a 4DTV receiver? I haven't used my system in about 4 years but the prgramming on these networks has inspired me to possibly fire up my system again.

ME-TV and RTV are available unscrambled but are not viewable on a 4DTV receiver, you will need a FTA box for those channels. Antenna TV however is scrambled and not available at all.

Me TV is on C-Band (87W)...free
RTV is on 83W KU and also on 87W C-Band...free but the version on C-Band is DVB-S2 so you need a special receiver
Antenna TV is encrypted

as Scott noted you need a DVB (FTA) receiver to get the 2

Thanks guys. One other question, can I use my cyurrent 10 foot dish and LNB with an FTA receiver or do I need to replace those also?

Yes, but you'll need something to move the dish and operate the servo(polarity control on the feed)The 4D can do this. It's also best to use the 4D to power the LNB with a constant 18-24v.(*) The FTA receivers use LNB voltage to select polarity. 13v=vertical, 18v=horizontal. (LNB's gennerally don't operate well with anything under 18v.) A new LNBF, and a G or V box added will allow all operation by the FTA receiver.
(*)A splitter with one port power blocking is usually necessary. Power pass to the 4D, block to FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts