ME TV at 101 W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chasmtl

Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Montreal
I am located in Montreal. Is there any chance of getting ME TV on sat 101W transponder 13 with a 120cm dish and C band lnb? I have an AZ Box Premium receiver.

Not a chance in *ell.

Even a full 6 foot dish up there probably wouldn't get it in 100% of the time. That signal is not easy to keep locked. There's a jamming signal coming from an adjacent sat now and again, and anything smaller than 7.5 ft can't tune it out. I had to upgrade from a 6 ft to a 10 foot dish in Mid Michigan to get it 100% of the time.

I get it with a 5 ft solid metal dish, but only recently.seems strength has changed, or I finally figured how to scan better with my MicroHD receiver, because it is a good pic all the time. I cannot get THISTV though. I'm in central California.

I live about 75 miles from Montreal. I love Montreal! I've been there twice in the last month for shows!
I get ME TV on a 120cm dish with a BSC621 C/Ku lnbf and a microhd receiver. The signal comes in fairly strong. Maybe the station has only not come in once or twice in the last 3 months. I watch it most every day. Great shows on ME TV. You'd be surprised how much comes in on the 120cm dish on c band.

Yes, it is possible to receive it with a 5 to 6 ft dish, but even then not 100% of the time. At least that was true back in September.

DavidR, I'm amazed you can get this. I attempted it back in July in Mid Michigan with a SatAV lnb and a dish close to that size, and I couldn't even get a signal for ME or This, even though a few other channels came in on that sat. I went to a 6 foot dish, and even with a better feed and lnb's it still wouldn't come in 100% of the time. I then went to a 10 ft dish with an Ortho-feed, and now it stays locaked at 71% 100% of the time. It never varies, and the signal never drops. We also had a huge thread on here about all the problems the people with smaller dishes had on this sat and channel.

Here's the Satbeams map for that sat: http://satbeams.com/footprints?position=259

It still recommends a minimum of a 1.7 meter (5.5 ft) dish at my location, which is only 39 EIRP. Huh, Montreal shows exactly the same EIRP level.

Last edited:
For those who are having problems getting THIS TV try offsetting the dish slightly away from ME TV. When my dish is peaked on ME I cannot get THIS either. When offset toward THIS I can now get both using a 6' dish.

The problem w/ Montreal is a lack of space and bylaws...including the suburbs so putting up anything larger than 8ft is problematic.
Cheers, K

I have to admit that it is frustrating to try and get a good, solid, stable, Channel and picture on some satellites with my 5 ft dish. That's why it's being replaced by another 7.5 ft as soon as weather permits. The S2 channels are impossible for the most part.

the positive aspect would be all that I learn by the tweaking and peaking. I'm not sure I could have done it without my Superbuddy sat meter. It really made a difference on that small dish, standing on a stepladder, leaning over, etc. it's such a good feeling to see that meter jump and LOCK!

I use a 6' dish, here in Eastern Ontario and have no problem picking up MeTV. I find getting THIS TV can be a trick, as it will come in, if you move your dish a couple of ticks to the east. I too had a problem getting THIS TV, when I first put it up, but learned to just move the dish slightly east to get it too.

Hi I am new to FTA and live in Alabama. I need to know what equipment do I need to get me-tv I already have a FTA receiver. I also have a 9ft C-band dish with the old c/ku feed horn. Not digital. I understand that it’s on SES1 satellite. Do I need a new feed/ lnb? What kind of receiver does everybody recommend? Please help!

Your dish will be fine, but may need to optimize the aiming.

The C/K feeddhorn/LNB maybe fine even if 10 or 15 years old. There isn't such a thing as a digital LNB or LNBF. Some models are more stable thanb other. This is what is important!

What brand and model FTA receiver do you currently have? If an older DVBS model, you will need to upgrade to a model that is capable of DVB S2.

OK the receiver is a Sonicview SV-PVR1000 (i got from some one premodified for Dishnetwork) satellite dish is Luax Beta 9 with Chaparral corotor C/Ku. I guess I would have to reload to Stock on receiver to get FTA.

Hi Chasmtl.
I live in St Rémi about 12 miles from Montréal and i can receive USA channel WPTZ 5.2 airing THIS TV that will
be changed to ME-tv on January 2nd 2013.
If you have a good UHF outdoor antenna you should be able to pick it up.

Good Luck....Bobsav2001.... VE2-FCZ....

Last edited:
Shouldn't have to do anything with updating the firmware.

Select satellite at 101w, set the LNB LO to 5150, add new transponder frequency 3974, polarity vertical, symbol rate 5924. Connect to the C-band LNB. Make sure the feedhorn polarity is set to vertical. Verify that you are receiving a signal quality reading of approx. 50%. Scan the transponder to add the channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)