Media-General Stations Adding Ion in Some Markets

I know your stand on Decades but eventhough the gettv shows on the label in the upper corner of 10.2 I still have hope. However your right when checking all 6 former LWN markets we can't all get the same thing for the .2 (or for some .3) then as for Albany (WTEN) and Nashville (WKRN),, and even Knoxville (WATE) that's gonna be really hard because like Albany's other major networks are launching stations out the woodwork (like Green Bay) and Nashville just about has everything. Maybe when the Decades deal with WBAY went naught at first, there is a second chance now (MAYBE).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAXN-TV

My guess is that PAX tried to buy WAXN but was outbid by Cox.
With GetTV and Escape, maybe that was good Cox outbid them for it....and another thing doubt if Cox will put it on maybe but not on the 64.1. That is the newsfeed for ABC's WSOC 9 kinda like KCLA to KCBS in LA. (which I posted on someone's reply)

Last edited:
And neighboring DMA Raleigh has 2 full time, full power ion affiliates with the usual slate of associated subchannels.
Very Good Point. Interesting I learned something that WAXN was a pax till Cox purchased it and well the 64.1 is basically a newsfeed to WSOC 9 ABC kinda like CBS owned KCAL is for KCBS in LA. Maybe Cox could return the favor and put ION on 9 or 64.....bringing the ota back to that market....

I know your stand on Decades
I like the station but hate the repetiveness

but eventhough the gettv shows on the label in the upper corner of 10.2 I still have hope.
I'm sure it will show up but you've already waited this long...so whats a few more days or weeks? ;)

Maybe when the Decades deal with WBAY went naught at first, there is a second chance now (MAYBE).
There was a deal in place back in January when LWN had a definite "kill" date. Then when they got the "reprieve" WBAY decided to keep it at the time

Very Good Point. Interesting I learned something that WAXN was a pax till Cox purchased it and well the 64.1 is basically a newsfeed to WSOC 9 ABC kinda like CBS owned KCAL is for KCBS in LA. Maybe Cox could return the favor and put ION on 9 or 64.....bringing the ota back to that market....

Cox "owned" it when it carried some Pax/Ion programming. They just couldnt own it outright at the time (they just ran it)

Cox (or any other owner there) has every option to get the rights to Ion if they so desire.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
I like the station but hate the repetiveness

I'm sure it will show up but you've already waited this long...so whats a few more days or weeks? ;)

There was a deal in place back in January when LWN had a definite "kill" date. Then when they got the "reprieve" WBAY decided to keep it at the time
I like the Decades: 1 Bill Curtis, 2. a lot of the shows come from sister station Me-TV.

What I meant by the HOPE was getting Decades (eventhough the GetTV shows up on the label with the channel number)

OK yeah when LWN was supposed to shutdown on all stations including ABCOTS and MG but it stayed on MG after the other stations like WWL (Tegna/Justice) and KSTP (Hubbard/H&I) and WEWS (Scripps/Cozi) as well as many others went to different subchannels. Then after Decades launched WBAY still had LWN because Media General (and Alibritton's WJLA now Sinclair) kept it on till two weeks later, killing the deal, while the other non ABCOTS was bought out by Sinclair (Albritton's WJLA and Sinclair's new flagship station) which used that station for it's Comet launch. I guess that makes some sort of sense....

I like the Decades: 1 Bill Curtis, 2. a lot of the shows come from sister station Me-TV.
which sadly are already repeated on MeTV

OK yeah when LWN was supposed to shutdown on all stations including ABCOTS and MG but it stayed on MG after the other stations like WWL (Tegna/Justice) and KSTP (Hubbard/H&I) and WEWS (Scripps/Cozi) as well as many others went to different subchannels. Then after Decades launched WBAY still had LWN because Media General (and Alibritton's WJLA now Sinclair) kept it on till two weeks later, killing the deal, while the other non ABCOTS was bought out by Sinclair (Albritton's WJLA and Sinclair's new flagship station) which used that station for it's Comet launch. I guess that makes some sort of sense....
In alot of those cases I'm sure the owners had no backup plan at the time. I know the ABC O&O were to have local news and stuff on one of the subs. The ones who changed in January already had something lined up.

Whats funny is on the LW facebook page people still are asking "when are new episodes coming?" :rolleyes:

which sadly are already repeated on MeTV

In alot of those cases I'm sure the owners had no backup plan at the time. I know the ABC O&O were to have local news and stuff on one of the subs. The ones who changed in January already had something lined up.

Whats funny is on the LW facebook page people still are asking "when are new episodes coming?" :rolleyes:

1. You can easily tell, when I was on one of the larger markets linup I noticed it quick. (Decades and MeTV showing same thing)

2. Yeah that's when Tegna went with the Justice Launch

3. That's funny, the current shows were bummers too, wonder why the station bottomed out...

2. Yeah that's when Tegna went with the Justice Launch
pretty much.

3. That's funny, the current shows were bummers too, wonder why the station bottomed out...
even better are the ones who havent had it in say 5-6 months and are STILL complaining

wont happen. They actually want more stations to move to VHF.
Oh, I'm well aware - I just think it's a bad idea. I know the cell phone companies want UHF, and I know why. But moving TV to VHF won't help TV much at all. Maybe if they increase the maximum power levels.

Reactions: bobvick
Wait noway you mean some actually missed that subchannel.

yup

post on Dec 2
I wish LWN would be available in the Dallas, Texas area again, was a great place for so many great shows.

post on Nov 20th
Really disappointed that this network is ending.
I live in Boise, Idaho. I used to get live well on channel 9.3 now we don't! Why and can you fix that? Big mistake to pull you

yup

post on Dec 2
I wish LWN would be available in the Dallas, Texas area again, was a great place for so many great shows.

post on Nov 20th
Really disappointed that this network is ending.
I live in Boise, Idaho. I used to get live well on channel 9.3 now we don't! Why and can you fix that? Big mistake to pull you
Yeah they probably missed the Brazilian butt workout informercial that always played. I bet the Dallas one they'd rather have that than what WFAA has now (Justice). Both LWN and Justice would be about even now the Boise individual well, LWN can't beat H&I (Which Hubbard replaced it for also). Then whomever posted that, KNIN never had anything on the .3 the LWN was on the .2 because that's what the H&I replaced. Be honest with you, when Young Broadcasting launched it on KLFY I was kinda looking forward to it until Delta launched Antenna on KDCG, that pretty much sealed the deal there. Also around late 2013 after Movies! launched there was talk of LWN going in the can.......Besides Boise/Dallas has a lot more on the subchannel scene to forget about the Live Well Network anyways

still kinda confused as to why WLFI Lafayette, IN hasnt launched yet. They were one of the earlier markets to be known about it and they already had the equipment there (when the Cool TV shut down)

Most folks could probably grab the Dayton affiliate now if they wanted. I know TNGTony mentions in a different thread he gets it from Cincy on an indoor antenna

If CIncy needs it, I'm sure Elliott could find room on one of his 2 stations to add it

Reactions: localclassictvfan
KELO Sioux Falls, SD added it yesterday...ironically satellites KDLO & KPLO did not

KCLO Rapid City (partial satellite) will add it later

per northpine
KELO-TV (Sioux Falls) has added ION on channel 11.3, joining the growing list of Media General stations carrying ION on a subchannel. KELO is a primary CBS affiliate and also carries syndicated programming and MyNetworkTV on 11.2. ION is not being carried on KELO satellites KDLO (Watertown) or KPLO (Reliance-Pierre), but KELO Vice-President and General Manager Jay Huizenga says they do plan to add it on a subchannel of KCLO (Rapid City). KCLO is a semi-satellite of KELO's main channel, carrying separate syndicated programming in some time slots

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)