Media-General Stations Adding Ion in Some Markets

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Maybe I missed something but I wonder ION seems to be popping up in a lot of markets....The main ION network doesn't have that much to offer in my opinion. We get it on WBDT 26 out of Dayton with a decent signal. If we had all the ION nets if might be something to have. Can't complain I guess since it's something else to watch.

Unfortunately WLFI is on VHF with only 30 KW, so hard for me to pull in with indoor antennas (even the best of them) at 30+ miles out. I wish the FCC could find someone to buy VHF and move TV stations to the UHF band.

Unfortunately WLFI is on VHF with only 30 KW, so hard for me to pull in with indoor antennas (even the best of them) at 30+ miles out. I wish the FCC could find someone to buy VHF and move TV stations to the UHF band.
wont happen. They actually want more stations to move to VHF.

Maybe I missed something but I wonder ION seems to be popping up in a lot of markets....
Media General signed a deal with Ion to carry it in markets that currently do not have one. There are 20+ right now that added it and a few that possibly may add it later

The main ION network doesn't have that much to offer in my opinion.
I agree but some folks like the programming. Its like most stations out there. Some folks love GetTV or Movies!
Me? I can do without both if it gave me something like Cozi and Zuus Country :)

Reactions: Blindowl1234
still no WLFI-DT3 Lafayette per a member in the area

As for WLFI, Lafayette, Media General station, adding ION TV, there is no evidence of that on-air so far as I just checked again this morning. There is no sub-channel 3 at this time.

But Columbus, OH is ready to go soon.

WCMH sub 3 nov 30 2015.jpg WCMH to ION TV nov 30 2015.jpg

4 others per Rabbitears (besides the 2 mentioned already) have multiple Ion affiliates in the market
The one not listed as such on there is Hagerstown, MD which is part of the Washington DC market (and has technically two in the market) yet on Rabbitears is a different listing ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)