mega swap with comcast

Tony1097

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2006
any other areas besides northern ohio get swapped form comcast to time warner or vice versa? we got it a few days ago with little warning.. now we are caught in this nfl network crap, and lost weatherscan.

We received our letter the other day in Lake county, NE Ohio, Comcast is out Time Warner is in. The letter did not say when this will occur.

We have the DISH GOLD package for HD, and Comcast for basic service ($10.44/mth. Comcast does carry the locals in HD, and our SONY XBR receives locals in HD without the decoder box).

Tony1097 said:
any other areas besides northern ohio get swapped form comcast to time warner or vice versa? we got it a few days ago with little warning.. now we are caught in this nfl network crap, and lost weatherscan.
I think Dallas and the surrounding areas were swapped (Comcast to TW) last week. I've heard a few coworkers complaining about losing the NFL Network over the swap, but other than that, they seem indifferent over the whole thing.

One thing I've noticed, since the swap on 8/1 that the stinking Indians are no longer being carried on the HD channel. Only on the SD analog channel. But who the H* cares anyway! Don't waste my time watching them anymore. Just check in occasionaly during commercials to see what's happening, and if their so called new closer is blowing another game.

Minneapolis from TW to Commycast

it use to be St Paul (and east suburbs) was Comcast & Mpls (and west suburbs) was Time Warner. Now its all Comcast

My mom got the letter yesterday. My favorite part "You will not see any changes to your service" yeah right

Yes, Dallas and surrounding suburbs are now Time Warner.

They have been playing commercials on local radio asking people to call in and complain to TWC about losing the NFL channel.

FAYRICH said:
One thing I've noticed, since the swap on 8/1 that the stinking Indians are no longer being carried on the HD channel. Only on the SD analog channel. But who the H* cares anyway! Don't waste my time watching them anymore. Just check in occasionaly during commercials to see what's happening, and if their so called new closer is blowing another game.

STO only carries their home games in HD. check again Tuesday when they come back home. .. if you really want to that is..

Tony1097 said:
STO only carries their home games in HD. check again Tuesday when they come back home. .. if you really want to that is..
Thanks. Maybe I'll look in during Big Brother commercials. Watching their futility is always worth a laugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)