Memento mori

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fafhrd2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Fairmont WV
I was saddened yesterday by the unexpected demise of my faithful Commodore 1802 composite video monitor, Compy. Compy served as a secondary display for my Humax 3150 sat. receiver, and as primary for a DVD player and a VCR.
No more, alas, will many-hued images dance across her screen, nor spoken word or music issue from out her little speaker!
Compy came to me several years ago, a gift from a gentleman at a hamfest in Washington, Pa., along with a C64, 1541, and various cables. These latter items I donated to a young sprout of 8 or 9 years who used to live in the neighborhood, including such games of yore as Zaxxon and the Blue Max.
Born in 1986, Compy had reached almost 70 in monitor years. She will be wrapped in plastic and placed on a shelf in the garage to rest until some other soul, more callous than I, will see fit to send her away.
Compy will be replaced by Sharpy, a 13" Sharp television of 1999 vintage. And so farewell, old girl!

Sorry to hear that. I have one that is still going strong. Use it mainly now for aiming. easy to carry out to the dish. They were wonderful monitors used it and a vcr all thru college for tv

I still have my 1701 from around 1984. The Commodore 64 is long gone, but I still use the monitor when I peak my satellite dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)