Menu 6-9 issues

ckgrick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 3, 2004
The display menu options don't seem to work as described. I have a Panny plasma widescreen so I natually set the display to 16x9. This causes every channel, HD or SD to go into stretch mode with heavy horizontal overscan. I went into the Panny's service menu and the overscan calibration seems ok (as far as I can tell).

So just for the heck of it, I tried setting it to 4x3#2 and the HD channels go to 16x9 normal but the SD channels go to 4x3 abnormal, with everything getting real tall and skinny. Changing it 4x3#1 and both HD and SD go to 16x9 normal (at least the ones I've checked so far).

I'm thinking the 921 and the Panny aren't getting along real well yet (I only installed the 921 four days ago). Otherwise I'm real happy with it, although OTA isn't an issue where I live.

I have a 42" Panny Plasma connected to my 921. I use the RGB adapter from the DVI-I connection to the Plasma's PC input. I have the display settings set to 1080i & 16x9. Make sure that you tune to a HD channel and press the * button until you see normal on the banner. Then change to a Dish SD channel and press the * button to your desired mode. I use stretch.

Thanks, thanks, thanks. I firgured there would be someone out there who knew more than me. I'll order the cable today.

Component. I didn't say so, but I was going to try that first. I'll post a result. Thanks again.

Cyclone: It took a few trys going back and forth between 16x9 and 4x3#1 and hitting that * button repeatedly, but it's now on 16x9 and I'm getting a normal picture on both SD and HD. It's like there is some kind of memory delay either in the Panny or the 921?

There are some picture features on that * button that I'd never seen before. I suppose it's in the manual somewhere that I didn't bother to read of course. Now I love my 921. Thanks for the assist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)