Mercury II and User Defined LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
I have an Extreme II LNB that the LO seems to be off by about 5. If I scan in with the default satellites and frequencies in the Mercury II, it gets confused. It will miss some channels. For a long time, I had deleted all of the satellites and manually added those that I wanted to watch. I did blind scans and was able to get all of the channels I was looking for, but the frequencies were off by 5.

I decided to reset the receiver to factory default, and use the User Defined LNB at 10745 instead of 10750. It works fine and finds all of the channels on the correct frequencies. The problem I am having is that if I make any changes to the antenna setup(Diseq to USALS) or whatever, the User Defined LNB resets to 10750. Is there any way to make the default User Defined LNB 10745 so I don't keep having this problem?

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to help with your question. I have a question for you, what's wrong with the frequencies you get? They work, don't they? Even if they're off by 5 points, if they work, what's the big deal? I have a Torodial dish, and use ASC322's (Twin Output LNBF's), of the 10 I'm using, 3 of those do what your LNBF is doing (they are off by 7 & 8 points respectively), but they work. So I don't understand, what the deal is? As long as you get the channel, who cares what frequency your Mercury II and Extreme II lnbf are getting, as long as it works?
Since it bothers you, I hope someone can help you with your question! Good Luck!

Al

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to help with your question. I have a question for you, what's wrong with the frequencies you get? They work, don't they? Even if they're off by 5 points, if they work, what's the big deal? I have a Torodial dish, and use ASC322's (Twin Output LNBF's), of the 10 I'm using, 3 of those do what your LNBF is doing (they are off by 7 & 8 points respectively), but they work. So I don't understand, what the deal is? As long as you get the channel, who cares what frequency your Mercury II and Extreme II lnbf are getting, as long as it works?
Since it bothers you, I hope someone can help you with your question! Good Luck!

Al

It didn't bother me greatly. I used it that way for 6 or 7 months. I just thought I would try another way.

The only issue I have with it is that leaving in the default sats and freqs in the receiver confuses it and it will not scan in a lot of channels. I have to delete all of the sats and start from scratch. No big deal, I just thought I would try changing the LNB settings to see what happened.

Sorry if I was being a bit rude? There's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to make things simpler. The tinkering to achieve that goal is what FTA is all about. I hope someone can supply an answer for you. Again, Good Luck!

Al

I didn't think you were being rude at all.

Another thing I thought of is that if I change LNBs at some point, if I scan in all of the channels with the wrong frequency, I will have to rescan them with the new LNB.

If that happens, at least you'll know how to do it? You seem to have had some experience at it! And too, another lnbf may do the same thing? You never know?

Al

All LNB's have some type of drift so the frequencies may be off by 3-5 or so in some cases. I know as an example on the Coolsat 8000 which I have to program in the frequencies (no blind scan) I can go 4-5 off the "legit" frequency either way and get the same result.

Good example is take a frequency that is posted as such (like Montana PBS which on their site says 12145) and do 5 blind scans. Scan in the frequency, remove it and reblind scan. You may get 5 different numbers ;)
(I get it at 12143,144,145 and even 146 depeding on outside temp)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts