mercury II channel backup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

updatelee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
CFB Edmonton
Im still pretty new to this receiver, but the longer Ive had it the more I like it.

I really like the fact I can batch blindscan, tell it to blindscan 10 sats and walk away, pretty cool.

now Id really like to play with the channel backup feature I read about, but havent been able to find the feature in the menu. anyone know how to use this feature ?

On the Installation menu select Factory Reset. On the Factory Reset menu there is a Channel Backup and a Channel Restore selection. The Restore is only available if you have previously backed up.

ronjohn said:
On the Installation menu select Factory Reset. On the Factory Reset menu there is a Channel Backup and a Channel Restore selection. The Restore is only available if you have previously backed up.

perfect this is exactly what I was looking for, I just never looked under factory reset, hehe.

thanks again :)

With the receiver off, start up the ChEditor software (available form the fortec website) from there, you can download/upload your channel list to/from your receiver. The actual channel editor software is kinda crappy tho.

simulated said:
With the receiver off, start up the ChEditor software (available form the fortec website) from there, you can download/upload your channel list to/from your receiver. The actual channel editor software is kinda crappy tho.

Ive used it a few times to delete encrypted channels (once in awhile blindscan forgets that I only like fta, and switchs to ALL).

I sure wish there was a way to get the list out of that app and into channel master. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best :)

How did you get the CHEditor software to work?

I connected the serial cable, told the CHEditor software to upload, and turned on the receiver, but it doesn't do anything. I tried several different baud rates and two different computers.

ronjohn said:
How did you get the CHEditor software to work?

I connected the serial cable, told the CHEditor software to upload, and turned on the receiver, but it doesn't do anything. I tried several different baud rates and two different computers.

Nevermind, I think the serial cable I have is not a null modem cable. I will wait until I go to my office in the morning and get a null modem adapter. Stupid me.

yup, it defn needs a null modem cable. some ird's use straight through, but the fortec (and my dreambox) use null modem :)

I actually found a null modem adapter at my house.(wonder how many people have them just laying around) I was able to get the channel list, rename the favorites, add channels to the favorites, and put them back on the receiver. I have never used the other software, but the CHEditor worked great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)