Mercury II - No G19

jbrunton

Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
Bluegrass region of Kentucky
Greetings!

I need help with my satellite system. I purchased my system in 2006 from Adventist Satellite - an Azureshine dish with 2 Fortec Mercury II receivers. Last year an elderly church member needed help with her system and I gave her one of my receivers. I replaced my receiver later with the same model from ebay. I have a single LNBF (two connections) on my dish. I re-aimed my dish and set my ebay receiver to Galaxy 23Ku and did a TP Scan and it captured 3ABN, LLBN, Hope, etc with no problem and I'm very happy with it. However, the one original receiver has different satellite offerings which I detailed below. Using the online instructions, I selected the IA 5 satellite and did multiple scans (Auto, TP, Power) and picked-up a lot of non-English channels but not any of the Adventist programming. Is there anything I can do with the receiver to upgrade it's software so it lists the Galaxy 19 or 23 Ku satellite?

IA5 Ku
IA5 C
IA 6-8, 13
Intel 705, 805, 905, 907
Galaxy 10 Ku
Galaxy 10 C
Galaxy 13/H1
Galaxy 3 C
Galaxy 4 R
Galaxy 11,14,15
Amazonas
AMC1-3
AMC 4 Ku
AMC 4 C
AMC 5-12
AMC 15
Anik F1 & F2
Echostar 1/2, 3-5, 8-9
Echo 8/10
Hippasat
Nimiq 1, 2
NSS7
NSS806
Pas 1 R
Pas 3 R Ku
Pas 3 RC
Pas 9 Ku
Pas 9 C
SatMex 5
SBS 6
Solidar 2
Tstar 11,12

IA5 KU is an old name for G19....same orbital slot but different satellite

The transponder for the Adventist channels is new and probably wont be in there. You can do it a couple ways
-manually add the transponder
11842 frequency
H polarity
22000 symbol rate

I dont have a Merc II handy so I dont know the exact way of adding it

-do a power scan. That will pick up the transponder...that would be easier in my opinion

There is a previous posting by Zandarkoad "Frotec Mercury II no G-19 dealing with the same issue. See the response by WESCOPC. I tried this solution and it does work.

You may read the whole posting but I will excerpt it for you. Again, it is not my solution but it does work.
To follow up, the special data codes are:
1010 Single LNB aimed at AMC4 - 101W
2020 Dual LNB aimed at both AMC4 - 101W and G19 - 97W
3030 Single LNB aimed at G19 - 97W

DO a "Factory Reset" - when it comes up asking for menu language (English) press the menu button, then "Factory Reset" once - the screen should now show "Factory Reset........Press OK" DO NOT PRESS OK, enter from the remote the 4 digits 3030. A screen will come up saying do you want to load special data? Click "Yes" Then wait for 20 seconds or so. You should now see some programming on G19. Now press menu and highlight "TP Scan", press OK. Highlight "Frequency" and enter from the remote 11842
Set polarity to "Horizontal" by pressing the left arrow on the remote
Highlight "Symbolrate" and enter 22000
Highlight "
[FONT=inherit!important]Save[/FONT] Edit" and press OK
Now press the YELLOW button on the remote (says Calendar under it)
5 seconds later you will have the channels scanned in!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts