Mesh and wire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
I have just bought a great 20 ft BUD. I dont know the make yet but I will publish photos later when dismantling is complete.
The unit has 18 curved aluminium arms to which is attached mesh panels shaped like orange segments.This mesh has small holes and is attached along each arm by aluminium strips and betweek the arms by twisted wire pieces. I imagine this wire is also aluminium since it shows no signs of rusting. A few of the panels are damged and most of the wire ties will need replacing so my question is what is a good source for ? aluminium wire and mesh for panels ?
Thanks for any advice
Tony

Dang that is one huge dish. Maybe you ment 10 foot dish. Anyway there was a thread recently on this subject check the search function for mesh, should show up.

Can you post a picture of the dish? I have several pieces of mesh from various old dishes I have had over the years. Actuallly, several Piles of mesh sections lol. Measure the size of your mesh sections , length and width at the wide end and the narrow end, and I'll see if any of this might fit your dish. You can send private msg if you like. I always offer when I read somebody trying to repair a dish, since it's doubtful I'll be needing much of it myself.

aluminum wire?

When I was a kid, my Dad bought solid aluminum bare wire at the hardware store for use as a clothes line.
Might have been #14 or #16 . . . ?
You didn't say what size you needed, and this idea is decades old, but hopefully the wire won't prove too hard to find. - :up

Google is [ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=aluminum+wire&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a"]your friend[/ame]. :rolleyes:

You can patch in the mesh as long as the holes are small enough to reflect the desired signals. It can be sewn in with some fine gauge wire then painted

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)