sub for cband

Status
Please reply by conversation.
E

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
is it possible to get sub for 107.3? argent and mystere would be what i want, but i have no idea where to start. any northern friends that might have a notion of what to do to get these?

Anole

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
Oh, on 3780 ?
It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about.

I don't think private parties are going to be able to subscribe to PowerVu encrypted programming.

Corrado

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I remember seeing those channels listed when I was pointed at Starchoice on 107.3° on ku. Several of us were trying to remap our DSR410s for an experiment looking for in the clear DCII channels in FP mode. Those were scrambled.

It would be possible to sub to a Starchoice package including them through Kusat.

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
only way to get those is to sub to either Bell or Starchoice but you need a Canadian address to subscribe.

Anole

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
what am I missing?

The programming mentioned by the OP , on 3780, is listed as PowerVu encryption on Lyngsat.
Is that a mistake? They're certainly not perfect. ;)

Bell/BEV is Nagravision encryption.
StarChoice is DCII encryption.

This whole matter of recycling DSR410 boxes is one I don't fully understand, but I don't think it applies here.
Would someone please straighten me out?
Thanks - :up

Wikipedia said:
Most PowerVu users are professional cable or satellite companies, using the service and equipment for signal redistribution, because regular users cannot afford it.
Edit: Oh, I get it. ;)
Subscribe to the programs on BEV or StarChoice on Ku Band!
doh! :)

E

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
on ku band?

so if i sub to bell in canada on ku i get it on my c? i am confused. i just want mystere and argent on 107.3 i hope there is some way to get it.

S

SatPhreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
To get bell on a cband dish is possible if you mount a cirular ku band lnb on your dish. Best is to use a small fixed dish for bell or starchoice in order to get both sats (each provider uses 2 sats for all their channels) at the same time.

E

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
no cband sub then

so there is no cband sub. i could get i guess the bell little dish, but i had hoped to just pull my thick rich cband to sub. oh well. thanks all, i appreciate it.

S

SatPhreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
No Canadian channels are available to sub to on c band. Ocassionally some might be FTA on either of the Anik sats, but the channels you are interested in on cband are avalible ONLY to cable companies and subscription satellite providers. Any channel that is Powerview encrypted cannot be recevied by home subscribers except in the case that you are in the US military, then you can sub to AFN.

The only way to receive either of those channels is to sub to canadian cable if in canada or sub through bell or starchoice (with a canadian address) if not in canada. If you wish to sub to either sat system and you are not in canada, check that the footprint that the satellite the channels you want to watch are covering your area . Bell's sats do not have as large of a southern footprint as Starchoices do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.