Message - 4k Not Authorized at this location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clipperskipper

Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
Mesquite, NV
Installed a Sony 850d and had DirecTv set up 4k service. Everything appeared OK but when a 4k channel is selected a message says I am not authorized at this location. Wait or call customer service. I called and they sent out another tech with a replacement HR54-700 receiver. Updates were installed and I still get the same message and no 4k service. When I download a 4k program, it indicates that it is downloading, but on the LIST page, the program title has a red dot with a slash through it and when I try to play, I get the same message. Tech talked to his boss who said it was a DirecTv glitch and MAY be cleared by Monday 12/19/17. I am in the Las Vegas area, and all the HD/SD channels and the locals work fine.

Installed a Sony 850d and had DirecTv set up 4k service. Everything appeared OK but when a 4k channel is selected a message says I am not authorized at this location. Wait or call customer service. I called and they sent out another tech with a replacement HR54-700 receiver. Updates were installed and I still get the same message and no 4k service. When I download a 4k program, it indicates that it is downloading, but on the LIST page, the program title has a red dot with a slash through it and when I try to play, I get the same message. Tech talked to his boss who said it was a DirecTv glitch and MAY be cleared by Monday 12/19/17. I am in the Las Vegas area, and all the HD/SD channels and the locals work fine.
I would call them and verify that they actually have the 4k authorized on your account.
Do you get video on channels 104/5 and 6 ?

:welcome to Satelliteguys clipperskipper!

As Jimbo suggested, you may not be authorized for 4K yet. You can check your account online. It should show if you are okay or not.

I am also getting the "Not Available at This Location" notification when tuning to the 4k channels. I have a an HR54/200 receiver and 3 mini clients. I was under the impression that I could receive 4k programming (now that it's available to lower tiers now) with the equipment I have. So, I called DirecTV and spoke with technical support. They told me I do not have the proper equipment as the HR54 does not provide 4k, but would need another mini client as a second input on my tv. I'm embarrassed to say, but I'm very confused by this.

I am also getting the "Not Available at This Location" notification when tuning to the 4k channels. I have a an HR54/200 receiver and 3 mini clients. I was under the impression that I could receive 4k programming (now that it's available to lower tiers now) with the equipment I have. So, I called DirecTV and spoke with technical support. They told me I do not have the proper equipment as the HR54 does not provide 4k, but would need another mini client as a second input on my tv. I'm embarrassed to say, but I'm very confused by this.
You need the C61K yet.

Reactions: Cobra611
I called for the same reason and was told the the 4K channels are down and that they are working on it. I do have a new 61k that the tech swapped out this afternoon. Is anyone else getting channel 104? FWIW the new 61K is frame freezing and stuttering and sound dropping worse than the one they replaced. "D" is sending a different tech out tomorrow morning for the 4K problem. Hopefully it will be back on line by then or they won't be able to check it.

I would call them and verify that they actually have the 4k authorized on your account.
Do you get video on channels 104/5 and 6 ?

I have called every day since the first install attempt 12/11/16. They say I AM authorized for the 4K service with my Premium level subscription, and no I do not get any on 104/5 or 6, just the message that I am not authorized at my location. Another tech is coming out on Thursday, 12/22. Hope he knows where the magic button is located.

Here wondering if they have the correct LNB on it.
As far as I know, at the moment the LNB really shouldn't matter, till farther down the road.

The LNB does not matter. Eventually you will need a reverse band LNB, but right now there is nothing on the reverse band transponders.

Reactions: Jimbo
I just got off the phone with tech support at AT&T regarding the NOT AUTHORIZED message. I spoke to Alex and she said she did not know of any problems with 4K. She said that my hook up looked perfect. She also verified that 4K is now included on all packages SELECT and above. So she put me on hold to speak to someone in the upper tiers of Tech support. After 3 or 4 minutes she came back on and told me that they were indeed having problems and that they are working on fixing it. It will be very difficult for anybody to call and check on the 4K status since apparently the lower tier reps are not aware of the situation. Perhaps some of you with 4K can check and see if you have a picture on 104 periodically and post here if it comes back on. I'll check a couple of times a day and give you a heads up when I see that it's back up.

Both 104 and 106 (replay of Garth Brooks) are working fine here, and 104 was working fine last night as well.

I hope the problem here is regionally based because if not I'm just being fed a line of BS. Which is why I asked if anyone else is having a problem. You are in Michigan and I am in Phoenix. I wonder what, if any, other parts of the country are experiencing a 4K channel loss.

I believe there is most likely an authorization issue with your account. Regional problems (other than locals) don't make much sense with everything coming from one national beam.
If one receiver can see it, all can, if they have the authorization. Overly-generalized statement, but I doubt it is regional.

Yes, I think this is just another load of BS from DirecTV CSRs who don't know how or can't be bothered to do this correctly...

Yes, I think this is just another load of BS from DirecTV CSRs who don't know how or can't be bothered to do this correctly...
Probably doesn't know how ...
However, if hes called in more than once, hes gotten different people, you'd think someone would get this resolved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)