Message - 4k Not Authorized at this location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I actually called them again this afternoon. This time they referenced this thread on Satellite Guys as proof that 4K is problematic. I asked if they also noticed that some are getting it. She said yes but to wait till next Monday when a tech is scheduled to come out.

I noticed last night that my 4K isn't working. It had been working fine. Not sure exactly when it stopped working. When I tune to 104 I get a black screen with a grey box in the lower right that says "All or part of this program was not recorded due to a problem at broadcast time. Please wait while we scan the recording for viewable content." It sits there at that message for maybe around 20 seconds, and then changes to the error code 721 "Channel not purchased" screen. Channel 105 gives me purchase options to purchase the movie. Channel 106 seems to be OK, but not sure. I don't think there's anything on it at the moment. When I tune to 106 I get the DIRECTV splash screen with music playing. I have the Ultimate package.

The rep changed out my HR54 this morning and last week a different rep switched out my 61K client. So far I'm still getting the message that I'm not authorized for 4K at this location. He's doing something else right now. What really bothers me is that after speaking on the phone to at least 4 different tech service reps and two different home techs with this one calling his supervisor, not a single one of these people knew that the 4K channels were now available on all packages above Select including Select.

I doubt this is your equipment.
Are you connected to a TV input that supports HDCP 2.2? There's probably only one meeting that spec.
If the TV is 4K RVU compliant have you tried connecting directly without the C61K?

He replaced my replacement Client and all is working fine now. I called Directv about returning the old (6 days old) C61K and they said that they did NOT want it back. So it looks like one out of three was good. Hard to believe that we here seem to be the only ones connected with Directv that is aware of the drop to the Select and above packages (announced on December 16th) for the 4K channels. Really has to make you wonder.

I am new to DirecTV. Didn't have a 4K TV for my installation last week, so I got 1 HR-54 Genie DVR and 3 Genie Minis(non-4K).Purchased a 4K TV and called to schedule the technician to upgrade 1 of the client's to a 4K client and move the HR-54 to a bedroom that has 1080p.

Tech was able to move the Genie DVR to the guest room and install the C61K-700 4K Genie Mini , but the 4K channels got the same error message mentioned in this thread.
Tech tried using the RVU and that worked for the 4K channels but the tech could not get their Genie Remote to work properly with the LG RVU (LG 65UH7700).

I told the tech to just use the 4k Genie Mini because I didn't want to have to use an optical cable from TV for audio. Tech gave up and left and said his supervisor would be back in the morning.

I called DirecTV customer service and the fourth person I talked to (supervisor) said that this is a known issue.

They said they're waiting for a new firmware to the C61K and that this has been an issue for a couple of weeks.

He replaced my replacement Client and all is working fine now. I called Directv about returning the old (6 days old) C61K and they said that they did NOT want it back. So it looks like one out of three was good. Hard to believe that we here seem to be the only ones connected with Directv that is aware of the drop to the Select and above packages (announced on December 16th) for the 4K channels. Really has to make you wonder.

I'd hang onto that client box as they may actually decide they want it back, or the system may automatically send a return kit. No need to take a chance, put it in a closet for six months.

I'd hang onto that client box as they may actually decide they want it back, or the system may automatically send a return kit. No need to take a chance, put it in a closet for six months.
I will definitely hang on to it. My neighbor just ordered the HR54 and C61K for their Vizio 70 inch M series. They are pretty picky so this could be fun.

I am in South Carolina and have been fighting with DIRECTV for over a month now regarding the issue with 4K and the message not authorized. I have been told that it is an issue that engineering is working on. I have been in contact with DIRECTV on the phone and chat. The last rep that I had on chat knew of the issue and sent me a new 4K mini......did not fix the problem. A tech was here yesterday and told me that he knew nothing of the issue and could not be of any help. Unbelievable that this has gone on this long!

Reactions: AlexSaba
They replaced my 61k for the third time and bingo, everything worked. And they don't want the old one back. By the way, I've been with Directv for less than a month.

Been having this issue for two weeks now and have come to figure out it's the software update.

When I first upgraded my receivers the 4k channels worked for a few hours but then all of a sudden it couldn't be "authorized". After countless phone calls with tech support DIRECTV sent a technician with a new Mini Genie that of course didn't fix the issue. I followed up with another set of phone calls and the representative said she was almost certain the problem was due to the main receiver and not the mini genie as originally thought so they overnighted me a new one. Went ahead and installed the new receiver and WALLAH it worked! However I kept an eye on it as I knew the issue could reoccur like the first time, so as I was watching I got a notification to download new software which got me thinking this might trigger it so I clicked on download later and took a picture of the current software being used in the settings option within Menu which stated it was last dated in "June - Oxbea". I knew the automated software download would happen within a few hours even if the receiver was left idle so some time passed and I just checked and sure enough the software is now updated to "Today - Oxc45" and my 4k channels once again don't work.

It's much too late now to deal with this prolonged headache but I will be calling tech support tomorrow with the obvious source of the problem being the software update. You'd think engineering would sharper than this.

:welcome to Satelliteguys NeuroGuy!

There is often a disconnect between front line csrs and the tech people. Directv isn't any different in this respect. The "real" engineering people are likely well aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Has any one called and gotten an update from DIRECTV? I don't have the patience to call and speak with 4-5 people before I get someone who knows about this issue.

I have been trying to get a resolution for this issue for over two months! I too was sent a new mini genie, which has been stated did not fix the problem. I have spoken to numerous CSR's and had techs come out three times. Have been told from the beginning this is a software issue but come on.....two months! Does anyone know how to escalate this issue any higher?

I have been trying to get a resolution for this issue for over two months! I too was sent a new mini genie, which has been stated did not fix the problem. I have spoken to numerous CSR's and had techs come out three times. Have been told from the beginning this is a software issue but come on.....two months! Does anyone know how to escalate this issue any higher?
Cancel..they will send you to retention

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)