Message from The TiVo Team, its really official now.

sjones

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Dear Tivo Customer,
"We noticed that you currently receive at least part of your TV programming from the Voom Satellite Service. Voom has announced that they will cease operations on April 30, 2005. We wanted to remind you that your TiVo box can be used with any program source - antenna, cable or satellite service. We hope that you will continue to enjoy the TiVo experience with your new program source..........................."

:(

Ronald_Jeremy said:
It won't work with HD!!! Liars.

Ummm... yes it will, though the recordings will only be in SD. I use a Tivo to record Voom right now, and though I'd like an HD DVR I am reasonably happy with the quality I get from the Tivo Series 2.

CDH.

yes i got the same message today on my dvd recorder with tivo pioneer with up to 80 hrs record time, it did a great job at recording voom programming, plus it has dd out, and component video connection out, you cant get that with a plain old stand alone tivo, i did alot of recording with it from voom and created alot of dvds, the pic quality on it is great!!!

shaun-ohio said:
yes i got the same message today on my dvd recorder with tivo pioneer with up to 80 hrs record time, it did a great job at recording voom programming, plus it has dd out, and component video connection out, you cant get that with a plain old stand alone tivo, i did alot of recording with it from voom and created alot of dvds, the pic quality on it is great!!!
Haven't checked my Tivo yet but I'm sure the message is there!

BTW I have a "plain old stand alone Tivo Series 2" and may not have component and dd out but I do have Tivo to Go which is a really great feature and works like a charm (which you can't get on the Pioneer)!
Had to speak up... :D

I was one of the many waiting for the Voom DVR... :no :mad:

yes tivo works with the 811 also, and yes i get the same features as you do on your stand alone tivo same software and same service costs 12.95 per month, i even get the home media features thst work with my broadband servuce as well

truqui said:
Haven't checked my Tivo yet but I'm sure the message is there!

BTW I have a "plain old stand alone Tivo Series 2" and may not have component and dd out but I do have Tivo to Go which is a really great feature and works like a charm (which you can't get on the Pioneer)!
Had to speak up... :D

I was one of the many waiting for the Voom DVR... :no :mad:

My standalone pioneer 810 has component and DD out, and it also has tivo-to-go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)