Message From Webpage: VSCAN7

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
Here we go again, another new hijack when I attempted to open the login page to SatelliteGuys. I'm getting really tired of this sort of stuff :mad:

Attachments

• VSAN7.JPG
    VSAN7.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 139
Dude...thats your computer, not SatelliteGuys. I'd suggest a spyware scan.

Dude...thats your computer, not SatelliteGuys. I'd suggest a spyware scan.

Thanks for your reply, you're talking to a cerified PC repair tech and I know what this is and it's not my PC as you say. I have very good antivirus software and it was just scanned yesterday and then this happens the first time I login to SatelliteGuys since weeks ago. My registry is clean and every base covered.

There is no possible way that you can say it's my computer from just reading my post.

DJ Rob, I have Malwarebytes and much more, it's not on my PC, I caught it before it was planted. These don't get planted unless you click on them and I didn't. They first appear from a source as a warning and then when the user clicks on it then it will infest itself. I've seen these before and it was originated from here. I scanned for it afterward and it's not logged in my registry. These pests will disable your antivirus software if they do infest. My system is clean.

Having trouble uploading a jpg file

Good Day,

Tried to upload a jpg file as an attachment from two different computers.

Keep getting the following. The file is not too large or in the wrong format.

"This is not a valid image file"

Did anything change about the configuration of site today - - - or is it just me?

Sorry - - - This should have been a new topic - - - MY BAD!

Thanks, chapelrun

Last edited:
Scanned the server and all is clean here.

Also did external scanning and also all is clean.

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for satelliteguys.us

It is also possible an ad site was taken over by hackers for a while.

Scott, Mike123abc hit the nail on the head, this type of malware does not need to be on your servers, I too suspect it was linked to one of your sponsor ads. Unfortunately we don't know which one and if the infected sponsor is maintaining their servers properly they will find and terminate it.

For anybody who encounters this or any similar "Message From Webpage" virus warning, DO NOT click on it or attempt to close the window by clicking anywhere on it otherwise you will launch the executable culprit. It's best terminated with Windows Taskmanager if it hasn't already been disabled by the malware. These pesty bugs will disable all of the system protecting software including firewalls in order to continue undetected and once they're infested they're hard to remove.

Another thing, my antivirus has also detected 11 potentially dangerous tracking cookies in just the few steps of writing this reply. My system was cleaned prior to visiting your website, I did it as a test.

Yes this is very annoying...

I too have had this popup at home on different computers (with avast) and at work ( with NOD32). Our work computers are locked down very well so I do not think it is any virus at my end. It seems to happen when clicking on a link to a sub forum for me. Had it come up this morning again.

Hope you find out where the problem is soon.

Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts