message from World fishing network

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
here is a message that i got from world fishing network today in a email to them

[FONT=&amp]Allen:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks for your message – great questions. I’d like to see World Fishing Network in HD on DISH as well (admittedly I’m an HD snob). Our affiliate team did recently query DISH on that very subject and they indicated there is nothing imminent on either the HD or HD-VOD front. DISH is in the process of launching another bird into orbit in the near future, which will expand their available bandwidth to add additional HD content should they choose to do so. Please be aware that our HD signal is available to all cable, satellite and telecommunications distributors at no additional cost to them – we offer both our HD and SD feeds at the same cost. In fact, some providers (AT&T U-verse, for example) take only our HD signal. In the meantime, I would ask that you call DISH and let them know you would like to see World Fishing Network in HD. We’ll keep working on it as well.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks for watching![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Sincerely,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]World Fishing Network

see what you can do to get their HD feed back on the air.

Thanks[/FONT]

You are a dedicated person in this pursuit. It was nice of them to respond. You should officially put your request into dish for this channel to be hd.

Well, this "new bird" should give us ESPNU, full-time RSNs, and maybe FearNET! :p

Actually, in all seriousness, that is an interesting response and some cool inside info. on what Dish is telling the channel providers.

I am just wondering if he watches fishing... or any of these other channels he keeps requesting. Or if he just likes requesting HD channels with no plans to actually watch any of them. :)

yes i do watch fishing scott an di enjoy their programming alot we had WFN at one time in HD.and its been gone for a while.they just told me they have a VOD channel also if dish would like to add it also.

Last edited:
To be honest, when I watched the channel none of the programming ever looked to be in HD. I love watching the show in Spring but PQ was terrible. Maybe I never actually saw it in HD.

yes i do watch fishing scott an di enjoy their programming alot we had WFN at one time in HD.and its been gone for a while.

Well, I couldn't abide the fishing network, but I sure miss the fashion channel in HD. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts