Met with the Directors of Programming for VOOM 21 Exclusive Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Of the voom exclusives - I really like (in order)

1. WorldsportHD - this is a GREAT channel.
2. RaveHD - love the concerts and music videos
3. RushHD - cool stuff on there
4. HDNews - short loops, but it's nice to watch once a day.
5. (a)Gallery, (b) Ultra, (c) Auction - I tune to these every once in a while just for something different. They're nice channels when nothing else is on.

I really can't get into any of the movies on Cinema10 so far - and same goes for Epics and Monsters. I keep hearing that people love Monsters, but I just don't get it.

Moov and Animania just aren't my style - but I think Animania could be a cool channel.

I'm very happy with Voom so far - but they really need to add TNT-HD, HDNet, INHD1&2, HDNet Movies (in that order). That's 5 HD channels my local cable provider already has (or has officially announced in the case of TNT) that Voom doesn't have.

Great work Sean!

I like you recommendation on rotating programming on the Cinema10 channels and OAR.

Having had Voom for five weeks, I've only watched two movies so far on any of the exclusive channels. We subscribe for the premium hd movie channels. I also like the looks of SD. Though we still tune to Dish often for missing movie channels.

Sean Mota said:
One more thing that I forgot to add. They are working on a monthly magazine will all the new content for each month. What I heard was that it is going to be distribut to customers via email. It will like the one we receive right now but with a lot more information for the entire month.

I think this would be a great service to the subscribers. An informative web site that dealt with the programming of the Voom exclusives would be another way to address this lack of information.

Wow Sean! I'm impressed! Thanks for taking the time to meet with the Voom staff. Its great that someone is doing that and also great that Voom is listening.

Personally, I would like to see Cinema 10 be more like the (Starz?) theme channels, ie action, western, ect with some other catagories like classics, sci-fi (like Showtime's Beyond channel) and comedy. Also, many of the movies are so old! The other day I don't think one movie was newer then 1970. It didn't take me long after getting Voom to upgrade to get the premium channels showing the newer movies. That's about all the input I have on the the Voom channels.

Thanks again!

kfried001 said:
Why doesn't the majority of viewers like the entire screen filled?

There was a big poll about this. A lot of us prefer OAR. When Voom stretches content to 16x9 that was intended to be shown in say 2.35:1, you loose some of the picture (and can introduce artifacts). I would rather have the OAR of the picture.

kfried001 said:
Why doesn't the majority of viewers like the entire screen filled?

When they chop off the sides to make a 2.35 movie fit in a 1.77 aspect ratio space, you are losing a lot of the movie off the sides. Most of us here preferred seeing the whole picture back on the 1.33 aspect ratio TVs, and still prefer it on the 1.77 aspect ratio TVs. Even though not as much is lost when converting from 2.35 to 1.77, we still want to see the whole movie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)