MeTV National Feed on DirecTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are buying a Tivo to record OTA for the subchannels you can't normally get through Directv you probably don't have any reason to buy a new one - it will cost a lot between the price of the unit and either the price of the monthly/yearly fee or the all-in to pay those fees upfront for life.

I'd recommend looking on eBay for a used Premiere with lifetime. Probably even a two tuner model would be fine - you'd have to watch a lot of subchannels to want to record three things at once! You can pick one of those up for about $150 - pretty much the same price you'd pay for a used AM21 off eBay these days.

I don’t know about the other guy but I often record more than one OTA show at a time so I need more than just two tuners for my OTA DVR since I like to have a tuner free just to casually browse. Hence I love my four tuners on my TiVo Bolt.

I don’t know about the other guy but I often record more than one OTA show at a time so I need more than just two tuners for my OTA DVR since I like to have a tuner free just to casually browse. Hence I love my four tuners on my TiVo Bolt.
I also need more than two tuners since my TiVo shares its tuners with a Mini client used by other family members in a meal room off the kitchen.

I also want the streaming apps and the embedded transcoder to give my OTA programs a comparable MDVR capability like the Genie without the need of an external TiVo Stream.

Be warned, the Tivo Premiere had a poor OTA tuner (Google!). I had so much trouble with that I had go back to a used Series 3. Also, Tivo has always had a difficult time keeping up with all of the changes to sub-channel programming so some have to be scheduled manually. I have always suspected the situation is better in a larger market such as Los Angeles (mentioned in this thread) where more users are likely to request updated information. I felt like I was the only Tivo OTA customer in the El Paso area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)