MeTV National Feed on DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you are buying a Tivo to record OTA for the subchannels you can't normally get through Directv you probably don't have any reason to buy a new one - it will cost a lot between the price of the unit and either the price of the monthly/yearly fee or the all-in to pay those fees upfront for life.

I'd recommend looking on eBay for a used Premiere with lifetime. Probably even a two tuner model would be fine - you'd have to watch a lot of subchannels to want to record three things at once! You can pick one of those up for about $150 - pretty much the same price you'd pay for a used AM21 off eBay these days.

I don’t know about the other guy but I often record more than one OTA show at a time so I need more than just two tuners for my OTA DVR since I like to have a tuner free just to casually browse. Hence I love my four tuners on my TiVo Bolt.

I don’t know about the other guy but I often record more than one OTA show at a time so I need more than just two tuners for my OTA DVR since I like to have a tuner free just to casually browse. Hence I love my four tuners on my TiVo Bolt.
I also need more than two tuners since my TiVo shares its tuners with a Mini client used by other family members in a meal room off the kitchen.

I also want the streaming apps and the embedded transcoder to give my OTA programs a comparable MDVR capability like the Genie without the need of an external TiVo Stream.

Be warned, the Tivo Premiere had a poor OTA tuner (Google!). I had so much trouble with that I had go back to a used Series 3. Also, Tivo has always had a difficult time keeping up with all of the changes to sub-channel programming so some have to be scheduled manually. I have always suspected the situation is better in a larger market such as Los Angeles (mentioned in this thread) where more users are likely to request updated information. I felt like I was the only Tivo OTA customer in the El Paso area.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts