[Illinois] MeTV radio coming in March

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/91941/87-7-metv-fm-chicago-to-launch-in-march/

Chicago viewers (and radio listeners) are the fortunate beneficiaries of a new endeavor by Me-TV's owner, Weigel Broadcasting. Beginning in March, Weigel will foray into radio with the birth of Me-TV FM on station 87.7. Below is the press release detailing what the new Chicago area radio station is about:

"2-9-15 Chicago, Illinois - Weigel Broadcasting Co., the innovative creators of MeTV Memorable Entertainment Television, announce their latest broadcast venture with the debut of 87.7 MeTV FM. Unique among local radio stations, 87.7 MeTV FM will bring a distinctive “Me Music” sound featuring a deep playlist of classic pop and timeless tracks.

87.7 MeTV FM will be MeTV’s companion for audio format.

87.7 MeTV FM is a unique blend of memorable, timeless and classic pop music that the boomer generation listened to from the 1960s through 1980s. Just as many of MeTV’s most popular programs had vanished from the airwaves, replaced with reality shows and exploitative programming, 87.7 MeTV FM’s playlist has largely been replaced by artists and genres the massive boomer audience doesn’t relate to or connect with. Now MeTV FM 87.7 brings back all the music this generation made their own.

“87.7 MeTV FM will differ from the current “classic hits” format by playing a much broader range of music skewing on the pop/softer side including singer/songwriters, album tracks and hits deemed “oldies” by some programmers but considered gold by our target audience”, according Neal Sabin, the architect of the MeTV FM format. “This is “Me Music”- memorable, easy music for everyone.”

MeTV FM 87.7 Core artists include Carly Simon, James Taylor, The Eagles, Elton John, The Carpenters, Motown superstars, America, Neil Diamond and hundreds more.

Now is the time we want to ask listeners to “Think outside Pandora’s box”, to “modify their Spotify” and be “a little less “Sirius” with Me… 87.7 MeTV FM”.

Listeners can email contact@metv.fm to make their song suggestions.

The station will be broadcasting on WRME-LP (new call letters effective 2/23/15), a Venture Technologies television station that can be heard at 87.7 on the FM radio dial."

i wonder if this station will be streaming on the internet and can get onto tunein radio also.

unknown at this point. But since it is **technically** a TV station (analog channel 6 as licensed by the FCC) I don't think it "qualifies" as a Radio station

They are using a quirk in the system. Analog channel 6's audio can be heard at 87.7 FM. I know here in Duluth, MN the NBC use to have commercials that said "cant be home for News 6 at 5? Listen to us at 87.7 on your radio" when they were analog.

This happened in New York City and if I remember this correctly because the audio is picked up at 88 the FCC ruled it was also a radio station.

I was curious, if successful - could they syndicate this format nationwide as well? In areas that an FM station doesn't pick it up, they could offer it to existing MeTV affiliates, because it would require hardly any bandwidth. Or they could put a slideshow (again low bandwidth) with the audio like Music Choice. The local affiliate could sell ads that are seen in the slideshow.

per wiki currently The image on-screen for the station displays still pictures of Chicago landmarks and a visual station identification to serve the visual requirements of maintaining television service.

They could just have slates of MeTV shows. Now with Weigel they own a few stations in Chicago like WCIU "The U", Heroes & Icons, The U Too. SO they could just just show slates of shows from those stations too

If nothing else, maybe program schedules for all the other Weigel stations in the market. I like having slates of the various shows as well.

To answer bluegras, I think that it will. When WKQX relaunched at 87.7, it was on tunein. I visited Chicago a lot over the years, and the original Q101 was one of my favorite stations. I've been following the evolution of the new WKQX since its return on 87.7. @$&%ing Randy Michaels and his stupid FM News crap.

competition...and something "new"

Thats why radio stations change formats. The company sees that _______ is doing good with a (insert format here). Lets try and get some of the pie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts