MGM No Longer Available

Sounds like another merger

I doubt it will even be on cable or Sat. Just Amazon Prime.
"MGM+ will continue to be available in the U.S. on Prime Video, cable, telco, satellite, and digital distribution services"

"MGM+ will continue to be available in the U.S. on Prime Video, cable, telco, satellite, and digital distribution services"
That's what I read yesterday also...hoping Dish carries through on that...

Well it's because Amazon purchased MGM, so I guess they owned EPIX. This is why they stopped MGM channel. Effective Jan 15,2023 Epix will become MGM+, Epix 2 will become MGM+ Hits; Epix Hits will become MGM+ Marquee; and Epix Drive-In becomes MGM+ Drive-In.
I did not hear Amazon bought MGM. Kinda shocking to me growing up MGM was BIG and a merger or buyout would have never been thought of much less by the likes of an Amazon!

I did not hear Amazon bought MGM. Kinda shocking to me growing up MGM was BIG and a merger or buyout would have never been thought of much less by the likes of an Amazon!

Update 03/17/2022: Amazon has now officially closed its deal to acquire MGM after a regulatory lawsuit deadline expired.

After some research I found out EPIX was originally a deal between MGM and Paramount, but in 2017, MGM bought out Paramount's share of EPIX. So it's now all owned by Amazon.
The Hollywood I grew up knowing is long gone. I pray Amazon doesn't destroy it. I live outside Amazon delivery area, so deliveries are typically 3 to 5 days by USPS and then picked up at my Post Office because we don't have home delivery. Then there is the quality problems. I have learned to buy Amazon sold and shied to limit this. I have not even gotten to mention yet how they are destroying small businesses and malls throughout America!

Other companies like Apple buying the Peanuts gang were heartbreaking but, in the end, they treated the brand very well and even started producing new content with as much care and respect as possible.

It is definitely a changing world!

Well it's because Amazon purchased MGM, so I guess they owned EPIX. This is why they stopped MGM channel. Effective Jan 15,2023 Epix will become MGM+, Epix 2 will become MGM+ Hits; Epix Hits will become MGM+ Marquee; and Epix Drive-In becomes MGM+ Drive-In.
So there will still be 3 Epix channels branded as MGM+, or just one MGM+ channel?

I live outside Amazon delivery area, so deliveries are typically 3 to 5 days by USPS and then picked up at my Post Office because we don't have home delivery.
How can you be outside the Amazon delivery area? Are you not really in El Cajon? Your profile says "San Diego".

The Hollywood I grew up knowing is long gone. I pray Amazon doesn't destroy it. I live outside Amazon delivery area, so deliveries are typically 3 to 5 days by USPS and then picked up at my Post Office because we don't have home delivery. Then there is the quality problems. I have learned to buy Amazon sold and shied to limit this. I have not even gotten to mention yet how they are destroying small businesses and malls throughout America!

Other companies like Apple buying the Peanuts gang were heartbreaking but, in the end, they treated the brand very well and even started producing new content with as much care and respect as possible.

It is definitely a changing world!
Yes, well the Internet has changed the world, drastically in almost all aspects of life. Big Tech keeps getting bigger, but as for Amazon I'm not a 100% fan of them, but they beat Wal Mart at their game, as Wal Mart was destroying small business Retail., Anyhow nothing is pernament as far as Entertainment industry it's constantly changing.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
It would be nice if MGM+ Drive in (the former Epix drive-in) were to be upgraded to HD.